Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some HDR of our new Tesla 85D taken at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
My brother-in-law to be was taking some pictures around the house last Saturday and we asked him to take a few of our new, (8 weeks and 5100 miles) 85D. The Obsidian Black and 21" wheel package turned out so well.

DSC_2125.jpg
DSC_2142 (2).jpg
DSC_2142.jpg
DSC_2159.jpg
DSC_2160.jpg
DSC_2167.jpg
DSC_21252.jpg
Tesla_HDR2.jpg

Nice. What Camera?
/begin mini-rant

While there are certainly some technical differences between cameras, this is the kind of question that really bugs most somewhat serious or above photographers.

To a cook: Nice omelette. What kind of pan did you use?
To an author: Nice book. What kind of computer did you write it on?
To a painter: Nice painting. What kind of brush did you use?

Photography is about the subject (a beautiful one in this case) and the photographer that imagines the shot before pressing the shutter. It's why Max* wrote about the 10" behind the camera. Certainly some of my equipment can help me imagine a shot and capture it when other equipment might fall short, but it's how I use the equipment that ultimately makes the difference.

/end mini-rant

Nice captures.

/begin mini-rant

While there are certainly some technical differences between cameras, this is the kind of question that really bugs most somewhat serious or above photographers.

Photography is about the subject (a beautiful one in this case) and the photographer that imagines the shot before pressing the shutter. It's why Max* wrote about the 10" behind the camera. Certainly some of my equipment can help me imagine a shot and capture it when other equipment might fall short, but it's how I use the equipment that ultimately makes the difference.

/end mini-rant

Nice captures.

So... what kind of camera do you use?

lol, sorry, couldn't resist

I really love the look of the Tesla in black. Unfortunately, I'm both too perfectionist about the look when it gets dirt and too lazy to wash it often enough to drive a black car. The HDR really makes those reflections pop. Nice photos.

Everybody needs to own a black car at least once in their life, so that 1) you get to experience how awesome it looks when it's clean, and 2) you get to experience how short-lived said look will be.

- - - Updated - - -

My brother-in-law to be was taking some pictures around the house last Saturday and we asked him to take a few of our new, (8 weeks and 5100 miles) 85D. The Obsidian Black and 21" wheel package turned out so well.

View attachment 91087View attachment 91088View attachment 91089View attachment 91090View attachment 91091View attachment 91092View attachment 91093View attachment 91094

Great set, awesome looking wheels.

/begin mini-rant

/end mini-rant

Nice captures.

I'm a photographer since film was the thing and using d800 and d4. Was curious if he was a Nikon or canon.

Why ppl get so offensive when asked what camera. Sheesh

Even joe McNally often ask what camera ppl used or jerry ghonis. Heck I've met them and they ask those

So no need to rant or soap box

Oh to the painter or chef or author what .., you use? I've heard that argument made by photographers for years. Could be due to their in secure with themselves or something

Of course equipment matters. Skill can only take you so far, with the right equipment take u the rest of the way. Let see a painter use a cheap brush or a pianist use any tune piano or photographer use a point and shoot. Each equipment complement the skill

It's like a sharp katana in a skillful ninja hand vs a butcher or a clever in a ninja hand vs a butcher, the rest will vary

Last edited:
/begin mini-rant

/end mini-rant

Nice captures.

Couldn't have said it better myself!