Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some more questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried searching for answers to these, but didn't have much luck.

1. What functions will I get when I plug my iPhone into the Model 3? In my current vehicle (Ford Fusion Energi plug in hybrid). I can
Make and receive phone calls.
Listen to music on the iPhone.
Dictate text messages, using Siri.
Have the car read text messages to me.
There may be more, but those are what I use.

2. I have a ChargePoint 240V charger for the Fusion. Would there be any advantage to getting Tesla's Wall Charger?

Don’t need to plug in, just get in the car and in syncs up with my iPhone. Car will read texts and you can dictate texts too. You can stream music from your phone also. I initially had a 240w plug in my garage, car charged at 30mph. Now have Tesla charger and it charges at 47mph. Not a big deal since I usually charge at night. (I wouldn’t have paid the 500 for Tesla charger but someone actually used my code and I got a free one)

The car only communicates with your phone over bluetooth, so the only benefit in plugging it in is charging. (It's been a long time since i plugged my phone in, years, so this may have changed)

Depends on how many amps your chargepoint provides. I'd think it would work well enough for most purposes - try it for a while and see if it works for you.