Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone has been busy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TLLMRRJ

Dec 19, 2019
Houston
With the latest "minor fixes and improvements" updates, things are working better on my Model S. The auto shift has been dramatically improved, and has perfect so far in even tricky situations like reverse parked with few cars around. It was a train wreck when I first got the car in January.

The auto turn signals are extremely good now and just work even in multi-lane changes into a turning lane.

The road noise cancelling system absolutely works now. I can really tell a difference in tire noise when turning it on an off. It did nothing when I got the car.

The suspension has a noticeable difference in the different settings now, and in auto, it just seems good. I am happy with the suspension ride, especially when compared to the Model 3 and Y.

I haven't driven in the rain recently, but I am not holding out hope that the auto wipers are any better without a dedicate rain sensor. Anyone notice a difference in them lately?

Can I have whatever you are having? :cool: Glad you are seeing progress!

Autoshift is still a POS for me. I was parked in front of a wall and it was in D to go forward. Even the USS was blaring "Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson".

ANR still isn't working for me.

On the flip side, my overall enjoyment since getting the Plaid has improved even though I was pretty happy with the LR. Thank god this car doesn't have the hideous waves in the windshield. I did end up with the vibration in the 38-42 mph range and the rattling rear passenger seat. I do have less wind noise compared to my LR which was a very quiet car.

Still can't think of a better car for the money in this price range.

With the latest "minor fixes and improvements" updates, things are working better on my Model S. The auto shift has been dramatically improved, and has perfect so far in even tricky situations like reverse parked with few cars around. It was a train wreck when I first got the car in January.

The auto turn signals are extremely good now and just work even in multi-lane changes into a turning lane.

The road noise cancelling system absolutely works now. I can really tell a difference in tire noise when turning it on an off. It did nothing when I got the car.

The suspension has a noticeable difference in the different settings now, and in auto, it just seems good. I am happy with the suspension ride, especially when compared to the Model 3 and Y.

I haven't driven in the rain recently, but I am not holding out hope that the auto wipers are any better without a dedicate rain sensor. Anyone notice a difference in them lately?

My experience as well. Picked up in June 2021.

Pray tell...which update?

I am on 2023.12.9.

I have no idea which versions brought which improvements since Tesla doesn't provide any details about their tweaks.

For anyone on FSD Beta, I would imagine they do not have these improvements, and may not for a while.

My car is at the point now that if there were no more software improvements (like a regular car), I would be happy. In fact, I prefer they don't update my car in case they go backwards, but that's not a thing with Tesla's.

Last edited:
Reactions: aerodyne
For anyone on FSD Beta, I would imagine they do not have these improvements, and may not for a while.

Yup, and it’s frustrating. This is why I’m still stuck with the yoke. I even asked to de-enroll from FSD and apparently that’s not a thing for license holders (vs subscription customers.)

Glad to hear things are good with the updates though … just anxious to get there.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ and saj070