Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Something fell into the rear floor vent: can't get it out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried all the tricks mentioned above and nothing worked. I had items stuck in both rear vents the would roll and clank around every time the car accelerated or slowed down. I ordered some reverse air nozzles used for pressure washing and attached one with six reverse holes to my air compressor. You will need to connect it directly to the air hose using a double threaded coupler. Do not connect to the quick disconnect fitting, the diameter is too large and it will not go into the vent (see picture). Thread the hose into the vent (about 2-2.5 ft, see pic of the vent and shape) and slowly pull it out. I had the most success by quickly pushing the hose in and out right were the drops down into the floor. I was able to pull out two AAA batteries from one side and full size lipstick from the other side. I now have the mesh vents that Velcro to the floor over both vents. Good luck!

Attachments

• Reverse air fitting.jpg
    Reverse air fitting.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 16
  • vent shape.png
    vent shape.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
I tried all the tricks mentioned above and nothing worked. I had items stuck in both rear vents the would roll and clank around every time the car accelerated or slowed down. I ordered some reverse air nozzles used for pressure washing and attached one with six reverse holes to my air compressor. You will need to connect it directly to the air hose using a double threaded coupler. Do not connect to the quick disconnect fitting, the diameter is too large and it will not go into the vent (see picture). Thread the hose into the vent (about 2-2.5 ft, see pic of the vent and shape) and slowly pull it out. I had the most success by quickly pushing the hose in and out right were the drops down into the floor. I was able to pull out two AAA batteries from one side and full size lipstick from the other side. I now have the mesh vents that Velcro to the floor over both vents. Good luck!
Here a link to the fittings I used...There are lots of other options available as well...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CG86P38J?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details