Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry I didn't see you...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sporty

Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2019
Seattle
I'm trying hard not be annoyed. This is the 3rd time someone has driven into one of my non-moving Telsa's. Each time a red performance model. This one has 5,900 miles on it.

Here's the video: Dash Cam Video

I don't know what happened at Metro Auto Rebuild... they're telling me I have to wait 2 months to get an estimate. And I was also told there's no manager available for me to talk too. I will try again tomorrow, but I'd like to look around now.

Does anyone know of a good repair ship in the Bellevue/Seattle area?

• Informative
Reactions: Msjulie and KenC
This is why I’m more and more on the side of window tint restrictions; much easier to enforce than distracted driving laws. When you can see somebody’s eyes, you can make the call whether to evade or make noise. It’s especially important when riding a bicycle (or motorcycle).

Reactions: LoudMusic
I'm trying hard not be annoyed. This is the 3rd time someone has driven into one of my non-moving Telsa's. Each time a red performance model. This one has 5,900 miles on it.

Here's the video: Dash Cam Video

I don't know what happened at Metro Auto Rebuild... they're telling me I have to wait 2 months to get an estimate. And I was also told there's no manager available for me to talk too. I will try again tomorrow, but I'd like to look around now.

Does anyone know of a good repair ship in the Bellevue/Seattle area?
Okay, I see a woman's hand waves at you. Was the A-pillar in her Acura blocking her view? Was she on her phone? Was it just reflex for her to drive down the ramp? Bummer.

I've been in some cars with massive A-pillar blind spots, but I don't think Acura falls into that category. Probably on the phone checking their X feed.

:edit: maybe because you're downhill of them, you were behind the mirror from their vantage point.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I'm inclined to think it's a big A-pillar. The driver is probably related to a T-Rex; as it can't see you, if you're not moving! Did you honk at her as she was moving towards you?

1716997119237.jpeg
by default 2024-05-29 at 11.35.34 AM.jpg

Metro Auto stepped up and got my insurance company an estimate without delay. I guess it pays to be a repeat customer :/

I never thought about the tinted windows before. I suspect they made a negative difference here. Had I saw what was going on in the other car I probably would have honked the horn.

I didn’t honk… it was too fast and unexpected. When it happened my first thoughts were maybe some sort of medical emergency was going on.

Later while exchanging information she mentioned she had be on her phone. Maybe.. she has flat in her bottom when she knelt down to check out her car. Unfortunately the police didn’t come. They were busy at a real accident across town.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC