Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find one of most frustrating issues with my new Model 3, which I love by the way, is the sound system. Let’s face it, Audio systems in car have been around for ever and the last time I checked, they’re not that complicated, and at least for me, just work perfectly. In my Model 3, it never starts off we’re I left off. That’s crazy, Slacker almost never just plays. I always have to reset the channel and wait for it to start playing. FM reception sucks. And there’s no SiriusXM.

It’s sounds fantastic when it works. Otherwise, this is a huge black eye for Tesla. Very sad

Reactions: austinmichaeld
You're probably not getting much response as those of us who care have already been around this type of thread several dozen times already. The sound system is either great, or it sucks, depending on what you want/need. It does sound really nice once you find a way to get the music you want to play to play reliably. But having to jump through hoops to do so really sucks. The best course of action is to file bug reports as often as you can stand it - I like to use the Ask A Question form in the manage page of my tesla account.

Yeah, Tune In has gotten really crappy lately. Lots of loading errors and I frequently have to switch sources to get it to work again. Bluetooth streaming is plagued by crackling sounds, etc.

It was never "good", but it does seem really bad in the software I have.