Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound when doors are locked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. When I leave my Tesla the doors are getting locked automatically however there is no sound advising me of that . Is there a way to change the settings so it will make a sound ?
Do you have Walk-Away Door Lock engaged? Assuming yes, you can turn on/off the Lock Confirmation Sound in the Controls: See page 14 of the manual (also accessible in the Service section of your car's display).

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
You can definitely set it to make a short honk when they lock. The problem is the honk is quick and not very loud. If there are any sort of ambient noises the chances of hearing it are fair to none.
I don’t really agree with this and I don’t want it to be any louder to announce three blocks away that my car is here, unattended. I have missed the sound on occasion in loud surroundings but if I glance back I can confirm my mirrors folding in which also means it’s locked, or if I really wanted to double check, use my phone app. But 98% of the time I can hear my horn confirmation.

Reactions: Gasaraki and MODEL+
I don’t really agree with this and I don’t want it to be any louder to announce three blocks away that my car is here, unattended. I have missed the sound on occasion in loud surroundings but if I glance back I can confirm my mirrors folding in which also means it’s locked, or if I really wanted to double check, use my phone app. But 98% of the time I can hear my horn confirmation.
To each their own hence why I wish there was an option to increase the honk volume (not even sure if that's possible), the length or the honk, or perhaps the number of honks. By the time the car auto-locks I'm pretty far away (perhaps my phone has strong bluetooth). Yes, I can open the app but that's a bit of a PIA. It'd be nice if the notif icon could indicate locked status.

Reactions: Yaely

To each their own hence why I wish there was an option to increase the honk volume (not even sure if that's possible), the length or the honk, or perhaps the number of honks. By the time the car auto-locks I'm pretty far away (perhaps my phone has strong bluetooth). Yes, I can open the app but that's a bit of a PIA. It'd be nice if the notif icon could indicate locked status.

I agree, the honk is a little bit loud in my opinion. I wondering if we are experience the same "honk"?
Since the newer Model 3s come with an external speaker for the reverse and low speed UFO sounds, it may be using that for the lock confirmation sounds.
Mine is a 2019 with no external speaker.

I agree, the honk is a little bit loud in my opinion. I wondering if we are experience the same "honk"?
Since the newer Model 3s come with an external speaker for the reverse and low speed UFO sounds, it may be using that for the lock confirmation sounds.
Mine is a 2019 with no external speaker.
Nope. Same soft honk, it’s not loud at all