Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sourcing Model 3 front and rear “T” badges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Got a full vehicle wrap and was wondering if anyone knew how to get replacement front and back T badges?

Tesla would be the best if they weren’t in 7 stages of purgatory at the moment.

There some eBay or Amazon or other 3rd party source that makes something identical or even better than the original?

What happened to your originals?

Sliced off with heat gun and floss when they did the full wrap.

Situation resolved however.

Just went down to Tesla and got replacements. Not hard at all, and it was best to have them reinstall it.

They actually have fitting brackets that fit under the frunk and trunk to ensure perfect placement.

Sliced off with heat gun and floss when they did the full wrap.

Situation resolved however.

Just went down to Tesla and got replacements. Not hard at all, and it was best to have them reinstall it.

They actually have fitting brackets that fit under the frunk and trunk to ensure perfect placement.

Hmmm, seems odd that they would have needed to be replaced. When I put the lighted T on the MX, I just sliced off the logo with dental floss and re-installed it over top of the lighted T.

Hmmm, seems odd that they would have needed to be replaced. When I put the lighted T on the MX, I just sliced off the logo with dental floss and re-installed it over top of the lighted T.

I've heard people calling out that the T logo on the 3 is metal. Not sure if that's the case with S and X. Much easier to permanently bend the metal logo when removing, so harder to reuse.

BTW - MXWing - You, Richard and I need to go out for a drive in our P3D+ cars one day soon (all with white interiors, but different exterior colors). I was with Richard when he took delivery of his blue on white P3D+. Amazing looking car. Msg me...

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
I've heard people calling out that the T logo on the 3 is metal. Not sure if that's the case with S and X. Much easier to permanently bend the metal logo when removing, so harder to reuse.
Oh, I see. It is plastic on the X I have. I guess it must be thin metal. I would have guessed that carefully "sawing" it off with a line material would be easier to break plastic than to bend metal. Guess I'm wrong at that.

BTW - MXWing - You, Richard and I need to go out for a drive in our P3D+ cars one day soon (all with white interiors, but different exterior colors). I was with Richard when he took delivery of his blue on white P3D+. Amazing looking car. Msg me...

We'll find the biggest Porsche dealership in OC and run their test drive routes. :D