Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sourcing used P/AWD parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

R1Fast

P3D Blue/White
Sep 11, 2018
Seattle
Has anyone had any luck sourcing used parts for the P/AWD yet? I've been looking for a couple of hours but short of Ebay or national auto wreckers, it seems like Tesla is really the only obvious option.

Just curious if anyone has had luck doing this on the 3 yet, more specifically the P/AWD, and if so could you share any tips?

Actually I found what I was looking for on Ebay.

Assembly: 1044363-00-F
Also need this M8 bolt for the strut bracket: 1044030-00-B

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the RWD and AWD top hat? I found a few RWD and AWD driver side shock assemblys on Ebay. The RWD seems to go for about half the price of the AWD ($150 vs $300).

All I need is the top hat. Visually they look the same all the way down to the Qcode image... but I don't really know if it's worth a gamble to save $150 bucks.

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Actually I found what I was looking for on Ebay.

Assembly: 1044363-00-F
Also need this M8 bolt for the strut bracket: 1044030-00-B

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the RWD and AWD top hat? I found a few RWD and AWD driver side shock assemblys on Ebay. The RWD seems to go for about half the price of the AWD ($150 vs $300).

All I need is the top hat. Visually they look the same all the way down to the Qcode image... but I don't really know if it's worth a gamble to save $150 bucks.

What do you all think?
How confident are you in eBay parts for a car that’s been out for 6 months?

The only official place to get Tesla parts is from a service center or online at https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/catalogs and Tesla may be limited in what they want to sell to consumers. There are entire YouTube channels like Rich Rebuilds describing the tribulations of trying to repair Tesla’s and it appears far more difficult to do yourself or at 3rd party repair shops for this reason. The only other way is taking a chance on eBay or finding a wrecked Tesla to pull parts off of. Best of luck.