Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Mileage (previous rental) Used Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there's a lot of talk about this these days, so I apologize if this is redundant, but long story short:
Rental Agencies are selling a lot of their M3 inventory.
A lot of that inventory has landed at a really friendly and transparent used dealer near us that we trust and like.
We're finally in a position (financially) to make the jump. (especially with the used tax credit)

Only hesitation is the mileage. We're looking at a few 2022 LR AWD M3s with clean titles and good conditions. Both get up to over 300 miles of range on a max charge BUT the elephant in the room is that both have roughly 114,000 and 110,000 miles on em.

That'd put them at around 55-57K miles a year........ over 5 TIMES what the average American does. Anyways, enough of the obvious. I guess I'm looking for other M3 owners that have high mileage in a short amount of time to share your experience and what your journey has been like. Any other M3 owners who have specifically picked up a previously rented one recently as well?

Thanks

I would stay away. I assume these were driven hard and supercharged all the time. Lots of lower mileage model 3 long range on facebook for mid to low 30s
Would it be worth checking out a 2019 for the same trim and price but with only around 80K miles on it? It's gotta be 25K or less. The only way I can make it work is with the used tax credit unfortunately :/

Really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Would it be worth checking out a 2019 for the same trim and price but with only around 80K miles on it? It's gotta be 25K or less. The only way I can make it work is with the used tax credit unfortunately :/

Really appreciate the help. Thanks!
That seems like a lot of money for such a high mileage vehicle. I have a 2019 M3 LR RWD with 28,000 miles on it and Tesla quoted me $20K as a trade in. Carmax and Carvana were $22K. I could probably private sale it for $24K.

• Helpful
Reactions: samuelffrancis
I would stay away. I assume these were driven hard and supercharged all the time. Lots of lower mileage model 3 long range on facebook for mid to low 30s

The counterpoint to this is that if a Tesla is drive all the time, it rarely stays on a high state of charge and thus incurs less calendar battery degradation. In addition, a Tesla driven this much must've been a rideshare vehicle, and I can tell you from my hundreds of previous rides that Lyft and Uber drivers do not drive their vehicles hard.

Reactions: samuelffrancis