Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Florida HOV Decal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To qualify for 95 Express, you need to have an HOV number, then you can apply for the 95 Express sticker, which goes on your front windshield. While they want you to put both on your car, you can get away with not putting the HOV sticker on your car (my wife didn't put the HOV sticker on her Lexus hybrid and she's been using the 95 Express lane for free for over 8 years now!)

To qualify for 95 Express, you need to have an HOV number, then you can apply for the 95 Express sticker, which goes on your front windshield. While they want you to put both on your car, you can get away with not putting the HOV sticker on your car (my wife didn't put the HOV sticker on her Lexus hybrid and she's been using the 95 Express lane for free for over 8 years now!)
Can we get away without the front (I-95) sticker too?

Thinking of going completely sticker-less: no SunPass sticker (so I don't have to be shielding it every time I get on 95 express. - I think/hope by just having the plate associated to SunPass and toll-by-plate, it's just a fixed monthly fee for using toll-by-plate?).

HOV lane(&sticker?) not necessary for Miami. And I-95 sticker I thought I could also get away without it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please I'd like to know. Thanks

Can we get away without the front (I-95) sticker too?

Thinking of going completely sticker-less: no SunPass sticker (so I don't have to be shielding it every time I get on 95 express. - I think/hope by just having the plate associated to SunPass and toll-by-plate, it's just a fixed monthly fee for using toll-by-plate?).

HOV lane(&sticker?) not necessary for Miami. And I-95 sticker I thought I could also get away without it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please I'd like to know. Thanks
If you don't have the 95Express sticker on your front windshield, they will charge your Sunpass account if you use the I-95 Express lanes in Miami-Dade (which they will track down from your license tag). If you don't have a Sunpass account, they will bill you based on the address on file with FDMV associated with your tag (and tack on some admin fees, I believe).

They will not look at whether the car qualifies for the discount - my experience before I had the 95Express sticker is that they charged me anyway. Once the sticker was in place, no problems.

If you don't have the 95Express sticker on your front windshield, they will charge your Sunpass account if you use the I-95 Express lanes in Miami-Dade (which they will track down from your license tag). If you don't have a Sunpass account, they will bill you based on the address on file with FDMV associated with your tag (and tack on some admin fees, I believe).

They will not look at whether the car qualifies for the discount - my experience before I had the 95Express sticker is that they charged me anyway. Once the sticker was in place, no problems.
Thanks!! So maybe just having the 95Express sticker is the way to go (no SunPass or HOV sticker).

I got approved for I-95express/HOV today, waiting for the sticker now. I'll ride on Express before placing the sticker to test it out. SunPass sticker I already had to remove for Tinting and not thinking about replacing.

I haven’t put a hov sticker or the 95 express one for almost 4 years I did get an email from south Florida commuters early this year to register my Sunpass transponders and I haven’t been charged not once.i have 2 Tesla’s, Up to you if you want to put stickers

I received Toll Enforcement Invoice today. I registered in April and did not use till 10/30. I put decals in front and back; I could see it on Photo of Toll Enforcement Invoice. I know I had to hide my Sunpass otherwise they charged it., but they sent me violation Invoice. I called Sunpass, she told me My sunpass did not have Tesla tag# on; this is the reason I got charge???., but this is strange. I can use HOV decal without Sunpass. She asked my Sunpass#, then she charged all my express usage and penalties to the account. How can I use my HOV decal? I can't belive that some people use Express lace without Decals.

I received Toll Enforcement Invoice today. I registered in April and did not use till 10/30. I put decals in front and back; I could see it on Photo of Toll Enforcement Invoice. I know I had to hide my Sunpass otherwise they charged it., but they sent me violation Invoice. I called Sunpass, she told me My sunpass did not have Tesla tag# on; this is the reason I got charge???., but this is strange. I can use HOV decal without Sunpass. She asked my Sunpass#, then she charged all my express usage and penalties to the account. How can I use my HOV decal? I can't belive that some people use Express lace without Decals.

You need to register with south Florida commuter services and also give them your Sunpass transponder number, it’s just not about having the HOV decal go to Hybrids/EVs/LEVs - 1800234ride and register with them also

You need to register with south Florida commuter services and also give them your Sunpass transponder number, it’s just not about having the HOV decal go to Hybrids/EVs/LEVs - 1800234ride and register with them also

Yes I did everything already. I just called Fl Comm. Service. They send me "Dispute Form', but I asked her what I should do for next time. She said I had to send 'Dispute form ' again again if I received Toll Enforcement Invoice again again. she told me you did all already, you should not have received invoices and you would get money back, but it is real pain in the neck for $1.00.

Yes I did everything already. I just called Fl Comm. Service. They send me "Dispute Form', but I asked her what I should do for next time. She said I had to send 'Dispute form ' again again if I received Toll Enforcement Invoice again again. she told me you did all already, you should not have received invoices and you would get money back, but it is real pain in the neck for $1.00.

That does sound like a pain, earlier in the year they sent me an email to register my Sunpass transponder and now I don’t even conver it and don’t get charge, send them an email see if you can register transponder so it doesn’t happen again [email protected]