Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Florida Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all those who live in South Florida, how much are you guys paying on insurance for a Model Y? I know there are different factors to consider but I’m just curious what kind of numbers you guys are getting. I have Geico and they just quoted me $257 a month. Just wanted to compare and see if that is high, low or just about right. Thanks!

A lot depends on your driving record.
I have no accidents and no tickets and drive less than 7,500 miles/yr
Plus, I'm a senior citizen.
State Farm premium for 6 months is just under $600. Your quote sounds very high - shop around.
I'm 34, no accidents in the past 5 years and no tickets. I use to drive about 10k/yr pre-covid. Now I drive less because I'm working from home. I looked into Geico because my current car and my husband's car along with our RV are all lumped into one with Geico, but yeah I will definitely need to shop around. It seemed high when she told me but I figured it was Tesla. But I will look into other companies.

I’m in Tampa, progressive was by far the cheapest. I’m young under 25 and it’s $840 every 6 months. Paying for 250k/500k liability, same for uninsured, pip, medics payments etc , $1k deductible. Clean driving record never had a ticket.

I’m in Tampa, progressive was by far the cheapest. I’m young under 25 and it’s $840 every 6 months. Paying for 250k/500k liability, same for uninsured, pip, medics payments etc , $1k deductible. Clean driving record never had a ticket.
It's funny how I had progressive for the M3 and they were the cheapest around. But since getting my 2021 MY they were 250.00 more than state farm for a 6 month policy. I can't understand why since the last moving violation I got was in 1982 and my last accident was in 2005

Oh nice! Yeah in my area, after shopping around, progressive seems to be the lowest. They were quoting me about $100 a month. Might bump it up a bit to have more coverage but nowhere near what Geico was quoting me.
If you own a home I would insure to the max you can. And if the home is very expensive I would look into an umbrella policy.
It's funny how I had progressive for the M3 and they were the cheapest around. But since getting my 2021 MY they were 250.00 more than state farm for a 6 month policy. I can't understand why since the last moving violation I got was in 1982 and my last accident was in 2005
state farm was going to be $1200/6months for similar liability and deductible. (250k/500k) $1k deductible. I’m assuming it’s because I’m younger that’s why it was so expensive for me with State Farm.

If you own a home I would insure to the max you can. And if the home is very expensive I would look into an umbrella policy.

state farm was going to be $1200/6months for similar liability and deductible. (250k/500k) $1k deductible. I’m assuming it’s because I’m younger that’s why it was so expensive for me with State Farm.
Probably age plays a part. Also, I have 100/300k with 200 deductible. You having almost twice the coverage could be a factor too

I quoted GEICO because I was already with them for my other cars in the house and the quote was really high. I then got a much better quote from Progressive. I then ended up checking what the rest of my cars would cost all together and I saved over $400 a month compared to GEICO so I was very happy to switch. Didn't quote State Farm but I was happy with Progressive.

I’m a 34yr/o male in Delray Beach (Palm Beach County). No accidents/tickets. Just got my LR MY last week. Was paying $575 every 6 months with Geico for my Wrangler for $100k/$300k bodily injury, $500 deductible for comprehensive/collision but they wanted $850 for the Tesla. I switched to State Farm who quoted me $650 every 6 months for the same coverage.

Heard about State Farm bc of Nerdwallet (googling cheapest insurance) at this page:

Good luck!