Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South London MOT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone taken a model 3 for an MOT in South London yet?

Phoned up the local national tyres and they said they can't do it as there were issues trying to lift it when they tried with someone else and didn't want to cause damage to the battery pack.

Also had a chip on the windscreen filled in but you can still see the mark from where it was before. Will this be an MOT fail and need a new screen?

If you can't see the chip don't think it'll fail, how would they know?

I recently took my MX for an MOT in south London, i had to try a few different places but a couple turned me away as the MX is too wide so I had to find a place that did vans but a M3 I would assume any garage should be able to do it. Have you tried your local council?

Reactions: m3p_uk
If you can't see the chip don't think it'll fail, how would they know?

I recently took my MX for an MOT in south London, i had to try a few different places but a couple turned me away as the MX is too wide so I had to find a place that did vans but a M3 I would assume any garage should be able to do it. Have you tried your local council?
Unfortunately you can see where the chip was even though it's repaired (which is normal for larger chips)

Which garage did you try and would you recommend? How do I find out local council not testers who might be able to do it please?

Ah well if it's visible then maybe, in my experience they didn't even check the glass.

I don't recommnend the one I took it to, it was somewhere around croydon, they had no idea how to do it so I pretty much helped all the way which was annoying but ok.

Just google for council MOT in your council and it should come up, for example my local one is Veolia Es Cleanaway Uk Limited CR0 3RL - Croydon MOT Test Centre. Find A Local Garage

Normally cheap and cheerful.

If anyone is interested I took my car here in the end
The MOT tester knew to use jack picks, although didn't have enough but luckily I keep mine in the boot so advise brining your own.
They also didn't know how to do a brake test so drove it with low regen and done it old school wayother than that it was fine and I was on hand to show them how to change into drive, operate lights etc.

National Tyres and Autocare - a Halfords company
020 8680 9884

Note there's another one down the road from this one in Croydon but wouldn't recommend them from prior experience and they also said they don't touch Tesla's

Many thanks to the Model 3 owner who broke in my local Halford's (Surrey) for my Model 3 MOT last week. Halford's knew just what to do - they had the jack pads, etc. I just disabled Pin to Drive, Sentry Mode, Walk-away Door Lock, etc. I was initially trepidatious but Halfords were great - back in my car in 50 minutes!

Many thanks to the Model 3 owner who broke in my local Halford's (Surrey) for my Model 3 MOT last week. Halford's knew just what to do - they had the jack pads, etc. I just disabled Pin to Drive, Sentry Mode, Walk-away Door Lock, etc. I was initially trepidatious but Halfords were great - back in my car in 50 minutes!
Plus 1 for Halfords in Glasgow easiest MOT ever today, had Jack pads and we're very interested in the Car.