Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to confirm damage due to improper use of Lift?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Icedog

Sep 27, 2023
USA
In PA Tesla can't do inspections. Rep said I can go to any shop. Went to my local shop.

After going I find out I was supposed to bring jack pads and show the tech the manual on lifts. Reading horror stories of damage caused and battery damage.

Car drives fine and I looked underneath and don't see any marks or dents. But could the lift pressure cause internal battery issues that I wouldn't be able to see? Is there anything else I can look for?

Thanks!

as long you don’t see structural damages. 99.99%of times your gonna be fine. Even if there was damage visible as long as the indent does not exceed 5mm you’re gonna be fine. If the indentation exceeds its best you bring it to Tesla and let them test the air tight seal of the battery pack. Hope this makes you feel better enjoy your car.

Upvote 0
Just so you know, many cars for decades have used jack pucks, so any reputable shop would know this and where the jack points are. But it's always a good idea to have your own jack pucks in the car. You don't need to buy those expensive ones a lot of places are selling, they can easily made out of hockey pucks, a rubber door bumper and a screw. I made my own back in 2003 for a car that required them and then again when I bought a Tesla.

Upvote 0