Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California Model 3 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your not confused. They started in the "model 3 orders" section, however both threads are titled by their respective OPs some variation of "California only" information requests. This one is "southern california deliveries", the other one was "California deliveries". That makes both threads specifically "California" topics.

I am not a moderator, but it seems to me that both threads belong where they are now located, in the california section, since OPs in both threads specifically called out for information from only california orders. The only reason I can think of that both OPs would want it in the general section is because that section has more eyeballs. If the desire was to get information from more people, the topics should be more general (requesting information from all deliveries instead of california ones).

Since I cant think of a reason the thread shouldnt be in the california section, but you (the OP of the first 30+ page thread on the subject) think it should be in the regular section instead, I was curious what that reason would be, which I why I asked.

I agree, and as a moderator of other forums and FB groups, I understand the organizational challenges of an active discussion group.

However, while this thread topic is for California, it's also an order/delivery topic. So it's a bit of a hybrid. IMO, given the volatile nature of Model 3 deliveries, it should really be in the Model 3 specific section, not as part of a regional discussion about all Tesla cars. As you no doubt realize and remember, shared information goes a long way is mitigating a potentially stressful period of owning this unique car. Having "more eyes" should be a goal.

California is also a unique situation in that more Teslas are ordered and owned here than any other state, by a huge margin. Partly because of high tech and Tesla being headquartered here, the population is a bit more "techy" than elsewhere, and state laws and regulations, there are more EV owner early adopters than anywhere else.

BTW, the regional threads being moved seem a bit inconsistent. There is still a thread in the Model 3 section regarding the California state rebate.

Reactions: jjrandorin
I agree, and as a moderator of other forums and FB groups, I understand the organizational challenges of an active discussion group.

However, while this thread topic is for California, it's also an order/delivery topic. So it's a bit of a hybrid. IMO, given the volatile nature of Model 3 deliveries, it should really be in the Model 3 specific section, not as part of a regional discussion about all Tesla cars. As you no doubt realize and remember, shared information goes a long way is mitigating a potentially stressful period of owning this unique car. Having "more eyes" should be a goal.

California is also a unique situation in that more Teslas are ordered and owned here than any other state, by a huge margin. Partly because of high tech and Tesla being headquartered here, the population is a bit more "techy" than elsewhere, and state laws and regulations, there are more EV owner early adopters than anywhere else.

BTW, the regional threads being moved seem a bit inconsistent. There is still a thread in the Model 3 section regarding the California state rebate.

I look at it this way ... California possibly has a different Tesla delivery strategy than most other area, and the thread is about Tesla deliveries. California is secondary - and really a distinction Tesla may have drawn, not the people posting here. We’re all just trying to determine when our vehicles might be delivered. California is an odd duck that way, but the information shared here may help people elsewhere. I say “may” - we do not really know.

I find that placing it in the area of deliveries also gets more eyes - and since California has a large and disproportionate share of Tesla deliveries - Placing this thread in the “orders, etc.” section under Model 3 can get more participation. I have problems finding it here, but that is my lack of personal navigation - not relevant to the group as a whole. I get lost in parking lots!

That said, if the people moderating this board want it where it is - then it is their decision to make. Moderators have a difficult job as it is - so I certainly defer to their judgment.

This truck pulled up at the Buena Park Service center today when I went for the new owner orientation! :) BF6FC102-721C-485B-BFEA-20D59B282B0E.jpeg

Reactions: CruzTM3 and mnml
Has anyone heard about any action happening at the Marina Del Rey delivery center? I ordered Oct. 19 (white/black, SR+ AP only, no VIN). I'm fine waiting but just curious. Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm picking up from there too. I've ordered on 10/11 same config as yours. No news from them at all. I know they were expecting deliveries in the first week of Dec. so here is to the hope we get our cars next week.