Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spacebar missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Changing language is more time consuming than pressing both scroll wheels on steering wheel.

The bug is caused by the numeric touch keyboard showing up. After that, the normal keyboard doesn’t expand all the way.

Avoid websites that request numeric keyboards. Unfortunately I use Plex on abettertheater dot com and I have to enter a pin. After using Plex I have to reboot the MCU to get the normal keyboard back 100%

Reactions: RNHurt
Tried that already no change I've been on this update for quite a while as well but until a couple days ago I'd not needed the keyboard

200 (4).gif
be225399d9d1270e621e4ae92e4e60f4_w200.gif
117270.gif

I can't read your posts. To much movement on the screen.

AcademicDisgustingCat-size_restricted.gif

• Disagree
I can still trigger it any time I use Netflix.

It's the numeric touch keyboard that triggers it. If you have a pin on Netflix then I could see the reason why. I had the same problem with Plex, so I just set it to stay logged in so I could search.

BTW, the newer updates fixed the reset to be MUCH quicker if you change the language. <-- Should we be concerned about this? They don't seem to want to fix it, they rather speed up the reset process... LOL

So apparently they took away the spacebar and special characters menu on the keyboard. So now I can't login to ANYTHING or search locations in the navigation either.

Anyone else have this going on? Or find a fix?
Software 2022.36.2
For those who don't know what to do in 2023 going into 2024...

Park the car. Hit the 2 Scroll Bars in the steering wheel and hold. This should soft reset your Tesla and bring back your Spacebar. I hope this helps.

For those who don't know what to do in 2023 going into 2024...

Park the car. Hit the 2 Scroll Bars in the steering wheel and hold. This should soft reset your Tesla and bring back your Spacebar. I hope this helps.
This didn't work for me and it also didn't work for a lot of people. The 2 finger salute didn't work, a software reset which can be done in the service menu worked for most people