Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spacers needed. 2024 model y with 20” induction wheels.. any suggestions on what to buy and what configuration for front and rear to flush, no poke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, i cant seem to find a discusion regarding apacer fitments with standard height model y on 20” induction wheels. I recently bought this vehicle, but the offset is nasty. I want to bring it out a bit but not aggressive. Im looking for a subtle flush to the fender with no poke. If anybody could suggest me what to get, id appreciate it. Im not lowering the vehicle at all either. Just standard height with the wheels flushed to the fender. If anybody has pictures on a model y with indiction wheels not lowered, i would like to see how it looks. Please thanks for the help. Im stuck on comtemplating on what to buy. I hate having to return knowing its not the right fitment.

Yay, the “hard parked” folks are here. Oh joy. /s

Having been on a few other car forums, I know that the definition of “flushed” varies from person to person.

So, to the OP… just suck it up and try out the spacers until you find the right one you like. Because in the end, it’s all each person’s objective opinion anyway.

Yay, the “hard parked” folks are here. Oh joy. /s

Having been on a few other car forums, I know that the definition of “flushed” varies from person to person.

So, to the OP… just suck it up and try out the spacers until you find the right one you like. Because in the end, it’s all each person’s objective opinion anyway.
Yerp. My 20" Inductions are "flush" already!

Im most likely going to end up going that way. anybody have any pics of their setup if any and what spacer they used in their setup. If i could see pics.
It's reading like your car has aftermarket wheels on it now?

If not, you could look at other 20's on standard Y suspension and see what offset is on those. As far as the rim lip goes they will inform you where you want your Inductions to sit.

Each mm of offset reduction from 45mm is equivalent to spacer thickness.

Mind you aren't going to run out of stud threads. I don't know that they are all that long to begin with and she's big torque on those little nuts.

That's hard to do. And what would he measure anyway???

The tyre sits outside of the rim. You can't see the wheel looking down on the vertical.

The guard tapers away from the wheel at the top. No idea if it does that symmetrically but unlikely.

He would have to pick a point to measure back from some crossing of the guard that gives "the desired offset". At that moment he just decided what the offset shall be without actually knowing what it will look like or measuring anything.

Actually, stretching a length of adhesive tape across the guard at the top of tyre heights wouldn't be a bad idea. It would give a solid point in space to stand back and assess how much closer the wheel should be to that tape line IRL.

Does anyone know how much spare thread there is on the studs?

This just popped up this afternoon. 9" 20's with 34 offset, but model MYP lowered so a little imagination needed.

9" rim brings the outer face in 6mm and the 34 offset takes the whole wheel back out 34.

Net 28mm outboard shift and the rest of the work is 270 40 tyres coming out to day Hi!

No thread issues.

A data point at least.

That's hard to do. And what would he measure anyway???

The tyre sits outside of the rim. You can't see the wheel looking down on the vertical.

The guard tapers away from the wheel at the top. No idea if it does that symmetrically but unlikely.

He would have to pick a point to measure back from some crossing of the guard that gives "the desired offset". At that moment he just decided what the offset shall be without actually knowing what it will look like or measuring anything.

Actually, stretching a length of adhesive tape across the guard at the top of tyre heights wouldn't be a bad idea. It would give a solid point in space to stand back and assess how much closer the wheel should be to that tape line IRL.

Does anyone know how much spare thread there is on the studs?
You like to complicate yourself, just take a straight edge or level and rest it on the tire then measure the distance from the wheel arch and just imagine what makes you happy as fill, 10mm, 15mm or what even he feels is good.

Ya a level or straight edge resting on top of the tire will also work, I feel it is the same as having it resting on the side of the tire, but what ever works fr you, but this would not work on most sedans my trick does.