Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Starlink V1.0-28 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Grendal

SpaceX Moderator
Jan 31, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Launch Date: May 26
Launch Window: 2:59 p.m. EDT (18:59 GMT)
Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida, USA
Core Booster Recovery: ASDS - JRTI
Booster: B1063-2
Fairings: Reused 3rd and 5th time for each
Mass: 60 satellites at 260 kg each - 15,600 kg (34,500 lbs)
Orbit: LEO

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 29th batch of approximately 60 satellites for SpaceX’s Starlink broadband network, a mission designated Starlink V1.0-L28.

Last edited:
Looking very good for weather. 90% go.
1621909343073.png

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW and scaesare
Maybe some Youtuber will snip and clip together all the amazing visuals from the various launches into one super visual launch. There were three or four really cool moments in this launch. The last one had that great moment where the booster was coming in to land on the ASDS and you could clearly see it crashing through the waves. There were only one or two times we got to see a landing on the ASDS extra clear with no vibration.

Last edited:
The "transonic" stage video is AMAZING!
I learned not long ago that "supersonic" is when the WHOLE vehicle is faster than sound , but local conditions around the craft can change the speed of sound there, so you can see the different parts of the rocket go trans- then super-sonic in the video, judging by the vapour clouds under adiabatic compression.. Very cooll!

Just another day at the office for the workhorse Falcon 9 :)

Succesfull deployment of the Starlinks is becoming routine, I sure hope they keep up their vigilance - as we all know space is very hard, and if one thing goes wrong it's not forgiving.

Other than the supersonic cloud formations, I noticed a couple of other things, The view from the booster right after liftoff as it rolled was pretty cool and just before the Starlink's were released, the nearly full Moon goes through the FOV of the 2nd stage camera. Pretty cool

Reactions: Grendal