Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care for ties. But those NASA desks look better to me. The SpaceX desks are too clean. I need some paper and clutter for me to trust you. :) My desk could provide enough clutter and binders for ALL of the SpaceX people.I have annexed 2 cubicles at my work for a total of 3. One for D size plans, one for project binders, and mine for active work. Oh and I have my 'on site' office too.

I hate new car smell. I think it's made up of nasty chemicals outgassing from upholstery and plastics in the car. I guess I'd better wait for my trip to space until the capsule is at least a few months old and has had time to air out.

Congratulations docking Dragon

I don't know where to post this, But I want to send congratulations to whomever at Space X worked on Dragon! .. this is BIG
If a private US company can launch & dock a space shuttle MAYBE a US company can build & SELL Lithium tech batteries to the general EV car building public as well.
=still waiting for the glut LOL
Help me get into the 100 MPH club!
KO's 1968 Volkswagen Type 3 Fastback

I don't think space capsules air out:smile:
They certainly outgas in the vacuum of space. In fact, many sensitive instruments (particularly optics) will have protective covers on them that will only come off after the rest of the spacecraft has had a chance to outgas. This is to protect the instruments from condensation of the outgassing chemicals.

I don't think space capsules air out:smile:
Sure they do. On the ground between flights. Airplanes sit on the ground while they re-fuel them, take out the trash, drain and clean the toilet-waste tanks, restock the food, etc. Between flights the space capsule will have to be thoroughly scrubbed to get the barf out of the cracks. :crying: They'll want to ventilate well while doing that. After ten or 15 flights the new-space-capsule smell should be gone. :wink:

Deberthing tonight. Deorbit burn and splashdown tomorrow morning.

SpaceX's historic mission set to end with a Thursday splashdown - latimes.com

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/commercial/cargo/cots_tv_schedule.html
SpaceX Dragon Demonstration Flight Coverage on NASA Television (all times Eastern)
May 31, Thursday
  • 3:30 a.m. – SpaceX/Dragon Departure Coverage - JSC (All Channels)
  • 9:00 a.m. – ISS Update – JSC (All Channels)
  • 10:15 a.m. – SpaceX/Dragon Deorbit and Splashdown Coverage – JSC (All Channels)
  • 1:30 p.m. – Mission Status Briefing – JSC (All Channels)

Status
Not open for further replies.