Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spare tire, donut sized for emergencies.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any links or specs for a spare tire that is donut sized and just for emergencies? Many places have them for other cars that only provide run flats but haven’t seen one for the Tesla Model Y.

Yes I know I could just buy a normal wheel and tire but I am looking for something smaller and lighter to use for longer trips in the backwoods when calling for service could be suspect.

Anyone have any links or specs for a spare tire that is donut sized and just for emergencies? Many places have them for other cars that only provide run flats but haven’t seen one for the Tesla Model Y.

Yes I know I could just buy a normal wheel and tire but I am looking for something smaller and lighter to use for longer trips in the backwoods when calling for service could be suspect.
You can try Modern Spare 2020-2022 Tesla Model Y Spare Tire Kit Options

I agree with WrldDriftR's recommendation about Modern Spare. However, note that the Modern Spare is "almost" a full-sized tire and there are limited places to put it in the vehicles. In a Model Y, it goes in the back (behind the 2nd row seats). It doesn't fit in the frunk nor the under-trunk.

I haven't found a real donut that fits in any of the compartments. And Slime won't work in Tesla's OEM tires that have foam in them (confirmed that with the Slime company; mentioned in another thread).

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Reactions: goin2drt