Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speaker on A pillar either extremely quiet or not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Tesla Model 3 AWD (with premium interior) for a week and I'm a little concerned about the speakers on the A pillars.

If I use the radio on there's no sound at all that comes from them (even with my ear jammed up against it) however if I use Spotify (either streaming via the car itself, or via the Bluetooth from my phone) then I can just about hear some sound, but its barely perceptible even with my ear on the speaker.

I have seen comments across the web about the speaker only being activated if the Immersive Sound is on, and in both the radio and Spotify cases it is set to High. To be honest. I can't actually hear any noticeable difference whatsoever on an overall basis if I alter the immersive sound from Off to Standard to High. Is this as expected, or should I log a service call?

Thanks

See my recent post. The under-dash speaker on my passenger side is not activated at all. I checked it with an oscilloscope, with all sources and immersive on and off -- no signal. I'm not sure if that speaker is perhaps for some other use...for the stereo though it is simply not activated.

During the process of installing my new speakers and amps, I had to drive around for a few days with no "front" speakers, only the tweeter for the center and the "height" tweeters that are in the headliner at the top of the a-pillar. They do make some noise, but not very much, and like you've found out, not on all sources. Like you noted, you have to make sure it's enabled but that won't guarantee that you'll get anything out of them.

• Helpful
Reactions: 42M3
That's reassuring then, thanks. I thought there might be an issue but it sounds like it's by design. I'd prefer it if there was some way to increase the volume of the auxiliary speakers though as it seems a bit of a waste to have speakers that are barely audible!

Hello.
We offer speakers for all Tesla Models and customer's feedback has been amazing. Currently Mid Range speakers for Model 3 and Model Y are out of stock due to high demand but they will be re-stocked soon.

71nLo1XeWvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg