Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speaker problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having a problem with the rear left speaker in the door not working. Diagnosed as a faulty speaker, Tesla should be replacing under warranty, anyone had any speaker issues? This is SR+ car. I urge all to check their speakers

I am having a problem with the rear left speaker in the door not working. Diagnosed as a faulty speaker, Tesla should be replacing under warranty, anyone had any speaker issues? This is SR+ car. I urge all to check their speakers

I may be having a faulty speaker as well. Every once in a while music sounds tinny for a second or two, then blips back to normal. How does one definitively diagnose if that's the problem?

I would think it would be covered under the new car warranty...

I may be having a faulty speaker as well. Every once in a while music sounds tinny for a second or two, then blips back to normal. How does one definitively diagnose if that's the problem?

Certainly a warranty issue. I'm sure you would spend more time and care diagnosing the issue than any Service Centre staff. There would be an advantage to playing a steady tone (or series of different tones) from your USB input (make a digital recording or ask a friend if that's not your thing) or simply use any track you have that you know is in mono. This would rule out radio transmission issues or quirks of a particular recording. Play the track and listen at the speaker locations around the car. Set the EQ and balance to default. The speakers left and right side are symmetrical (other than the sub if you have one). You should be able to tell if there's a difference side to side... then home in to identify where the lacking sound is. It should be be particularly noticeable if the fault is intermittent.

Check each speaker individually using the balance. When I did that, I noticed my left rear speaker wasn't working. Tesla replaced under warranty.

Reactions: Adopado