Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speaking of PPF ... Model S Black Clear Wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lowtek

Jan 2, 2020
Alabama, USA
Hi all, anyone have any feedback on wrapping a black Model S or perhaps some pics? Does the clear PPF look like it was wrapped or does it maintain the original look perfectly?

I was going to do a stealth PPF but after taking delivery decided that the black and chrome looks too awesome to cover up.

@lowtek I think clear PPF to protect the finish of the paint and ceramic coating on top will make your Black paint look even better and will make it so much easier to keep clean. Covering up the chrome with black satin wrap will make your look absolutely menacing! I saw one in this specific combo and I had to do a double take as it looks very different and very menacing.

@lowtek I think clear PPF to protect the finish of the paint and ceramic coating on top will make your Black paint look even better and will make it so much easier to keep clean. Covering up the chrome with black satin wrap will make your look absolutely menacing! I saw one in this specific combo and I had to do a double take as it looks very different and very menacing.

Yea, my X was stealth wrapped. The S looks fantastic with the gloss black and chrome. I'm not a fan of chrome deletes. Would love oem satin black trim like the Y. It's true, chrome is starting to feel like grandpa's car. Love the look, just not the process of chrome deleting with PPF.