Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Specific Rattle Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone who brought their car to a service center for a rattle, did Tesla fix it only if they could replicate the noise? Or was video evidence enough for them to try to address it?

I provided video evidence but they said they couldn’t replicate it and thus couldn’t address it

I have had the 2020 3 at a SC three times for a rattle. They said they couldn't duplicate - nothing was done then the part fell off. Finally I got mobile service to remedy it within 2 days. Riding with a tech was not possible due to their COVID road test restrictions.

They must hear it on the ride along otherwise they don't know what to look for in terms of before and after. Makes sense to me.

Sorry for the part falling off.

I have a service request in for rattles but they haven't gotten back to me on not riding along so I fixed them myself.

OP, do you want to post your rattle and video and what you've done so far? Usually you isolate the noise with your ears while on autopilot. And tap the area or press it or whatever to see if it silence or reproduced.

I've had very little luck with them replicating the rattles I've had at the service center. I've had much more luck explaining the issue to mobile service.

In the early days of Covid they cancelled my service request because they couldn't do a ride along but they have since been able to tweak a few things and told me to see if that resolved the issue. It seems like they're being a little more lenient since they are aware of the current limitations. Of course, this may vary a bit on location and which mobile service tech you get - I've had great experiences with mobile service.