Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Speculation] Tesla Critical Youtube Videos Receiving Community Guideline Violations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look!

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

If the video was just quietly circulating in public without "someone" gossiping to Tesla, Tesla wouldn't know.

Guess who was leaking the video to Tesla?

Yes, the author himself.

The author expected Tesla would react and indeed Tesla did.

It's just natural.

Speech needs to be accurate.

Lack of accuracy is a very good reason to flag it down thanks to the informer who sent Tesla the video!
I was not bashing Tesla I don't know who flagged the video. What I do know is a LOT of YouTubers are being attacked in this way.
There are way too many folks out there who believe free speech is only ok if it agrees with them, and yes YouTube is not the government and does not have to play by the same rules but if they are going to take sides they should admit it.

Reactions: .jg.
...Don’t let YouTube (and Tesla fanbois) bully you into keeping quiet.

I too would like to know all the about good and bad stuff so posting the video is not a problem for me.

However, posting it is the problem for the author so the author wondered why.

Just like a dating site that seldom cracks down on wrong weight, wrong age, wrong marital status... but, if the author sent hints to somebody and that somebody flags that post for the dating site, the dating site has to strike that post down until the posting is in compliance with the community standards.

Back to Tesla/YouTube, if the author plays by the rules, the posting should be fine and not flagged:

1) Don't give a hint to Tesla that there's an existence of the video (No video means no need for Tesla to flag it on YouTube).
2) Give the disclosure that the problem has been fixed (in case Tesla wants to find an excuse to flag it.)

Last edited:
I remember in the early days, Tesla banned a cronic complainer from ever being able to again purchase one of their cars.

Under the cover of free speech, some believe they can fire shots at the reputation of a company, but the company needs to just take it. Not so. In a free speech environment they are free to fire back
Comes under the doctrine of "Don't poke the Bear!"

Yea Tesla was also found guilty of lying about the performance capabilities of the P85D and sued in Norway, having pay every customer effected $7,000 (more than once they were sued in Norway). Unlike here in the States Norway actually takes misleading and just plain out lying about what manufactures claim their cars are capable of very seriously. So guess what Tesla did they stopped selling cars in Norway! Tesla the Big Bear sure did get them Right?

Check out Porsche's pre-orders for the Taycan demand in Norway! Looks like the Big Bear made a huge mistake. I have said this so many times before on this board. I love my Tesla, it might have already had some issues but I am not paying anything YET, for the repairs. Now the scheduling isn't the greatest but once I do finally get my appointment and drop off, given a loaner and treated not quite to the level of other high-end luxury dealerships, but still very pleasant.
Now the constant lying about everything from A-Z and the controversial and illegal things that they do just piss me off. I think Elon is a genius to get the company off the ground and competing in the auto industry in such a small amount of time which is impossible, well it would have been if not for being government subsidized with all the money they got but Fisker Karma was doing the same thing. If you don't remember Fisker Karma, they actually had a brilliant and amazing looking cars. However, they went bankrupt and bought by China based company for pennies on the dollar.
So Tesla has accomplished amazing things and even has the ev market cornered if they just don't go broke and lose it all. My issue is that Tesla could have done all these things without being shady, lying, deceiving and broken the law, contracts with potential buyers, etc. I respect Elon as a entrepreneur, innovator, a person ( I like that he got on Joe Rogan and smoked etc. Makes him just that more relatable to a lot regardless if you smoke or not) and everything in between, just not the constant lies, delays, promises, and how they run their business (that is for another whole discussion). I'm a big believer in Karma and what goes around comes around, so I'm not perfect but do strive to do onto other's , what i expect to do onto me.

If you cannot google it for yourself I will leave a link to at least 4 articles in my next post. Now onto the member who just blast anyone who say's anything negative about Tesla. For one it is ok to be critical of any car you may have purchased, pretending not to be due to embarrassment or what ever it may be is just cowardly in a sense and financially irresponsible.

To justify losing a bunch of money simply because you will just keep the car is complete ignorance. What if you ran into an issue financially, unexpected and were forced to sale your Tesla? What if we start to have another recession and 3/4's of buyers decide to get rid of a depreciating asset? Even if you have plenty of money do you believe the truly wealthy people in this world don't care about all of those things? They live a frugal life ( Warren Buffet ) by most standards with anyone that has that much money. That's how they got to where they did, not buy being ashamed they made a poor investment or lying to try to cover up their own financial loses in regards.
So my advice is stop thinking like it's your favorite sports team and accept the fact that Tesla's are not the gift from god.

Reactions: Russell and Sorabh
So if I put a post out about you doing something wrong and then you make amends you feel OK if I leave the negative post without updating it? Let's forget journalism. I just post that my neighbor was arrested for child molestation. He gets cleared. I don't update the post. I'm not a journalist. Personally, I think I would be acting unethically by leaving an incorrect impression online. I'm not saying you need to remove factual information. I am saying something like UPDATE: Charges were shown to be false or UPDATE: John apologized for the damage he caused and paid restitution. Wish it would have happened sooner.

It's not comparable. One is a customer describing their experience. The other is essentially online gossip.

At the end of the day, the guy's window didn't work. He struggled to get the service tech's attention. He had to go and take it in for service. That should not happen to a brand-new car.

Does he need to update "hey, they fixed it"? No, because the original wrong is still accurate: his window malfunctioned during the first year of use, and it took a while to get repaired.

What would the update be?

"Hey everyone. This video is still accurate. My window wasn't working, as shown. It took me creating this video to get service. They finally did service it."

Is that what you want?

Reactions: .jg.
It brings up a general issue we are facing using social media platforms. It is always owned by some company and they will do whatever they feel is in their best interest with the content that people upload. It means you can't claim 'free speech'. It is their platform and they can make up any rules. The web started with individually owned web sites and we were in control of our content and would only be accountable to what the laws are. With YouTube (or whatever platform) we have to obey to their rules. People don't even realize that any more. They think what social media platforms set as rules is the law.

I remember in the early days, Tesla banned a cronic complainer from ever being able to again purchase one of their cars.

Under the cover of free speech, some believe they can fire shots at the reputation of a company, but the company needs to just take it. Not so. In a free speech environment they are free to fire back.

I think it's more relevant to say, make your customers unhappy and you will lose their service and sales will decline. Here's your Big Bear losing it's ev market in Norway to Porsche!

Porsche doubles production of the Taycan before it starts | industry | Auto123

Porsche Will Increase Taycan Production Due To High Demand

There are so many articles about this it would take all night to post them.

I guess my point is that if I notice my browser is not working one of my troubleshooting steps is to go to YouTube and see what is happening with other people. By that logic should you really take your video down if they fix it? If you do take it down then it could be said you are trying to extort them. If you keep it up then you are a good netizen helping out people like me who are looking for answers...

Just a thought
Good point, though not sure what answer you could glean from a video showing the problems someone had in the past. Maybe Tesla fixed the issue like the problem I (and everyone else who had that version of software) had when the defrost button enables insta-freeze-your-windshield instead. Was a problem for one version, not relevant today (though I hope Tesla remembered and added a regression test for it).

Browser is the same problem, it's Tesla's poorly written software. If they fix it for me, everyone gets the fix.

Flagging videos for no reason is becoming a popular form of free speech suppression, as is trying to get payment processing companies and such to not work with groups.

Free speech is allowed as long as it's not counter to "popular sentiments", Lol. OP was 100% correct to post up the video in the first place. What he should've done after the fix is to either remove the video, or amend it with something like "issue has been fixed". I guess he forgot to remove the video, getting flagged for this is too much overkill.

Even Fred from Electrek has noted how aggressive Tesla is compared to other car makers in reacting to negatively perceived information in public. I guess it might be possible Tesla is behind the report but of course it could be other Tesla fans who have seen the video too. Reporting posts and posters you disagree with is all too common unfortunately.

Off topic question: do you happen to own a C5 Z06? Just guessing due to your handle.

It's not comparable. One is a customer describing their experience. The other is essentially online gossip.

At the end of the day, the guy's window didn't work. He struggled to get the service tech's attention. He had to go and take it in for service. That should not happen to a brand-new car.

Does he need to update "hey, they fixed it"? No, because the original wrong is still accurate: his window malfunctioned during the first year of use, and it took a while to get repaired.

What would the update be?

"Hey everyone. This video is still accurate. My window wasn't working, as shown. It took me creating this video to get service. They finally did service it."

Is that what you want?

Yep. That works. It leaves the annoyance documented and continues to document the initial unmet expectation while making it clear that it did get fixed rather than leaving the false impression that it never was. I am making the assumption that it was the video that got Tesla off their rear end. If not then I would take that sentence out. However, I can certainly see the video elevating things and if that's is the truth then leave the sentence in.

Who is the dummy who knows nothing about Constitutional law and doesn't believe free speech only applies to the government.....I'm a lawyer, I'd be happy to school you.

The book "Can They Do That?" by Lewis Maltby practically says employees gave up their free speech as soon as they signed up for a few dollars to make a living:

content

It gave an example of Lynne Gobbell who defied her boss Phil Geddes, a Bush supporter who demanded her "Kerry for President" bumper sticker on her private car to come off. She relied on the freedom of speech and she was legally fired.

The New York Times expanded that employees can be fired for political cartoons in the workplace, Facebook opinions about local campaign writing from home and not even on the work clock...

If you value your free speech that much, get a union and put what you want specifically in the contract so you can be protected.

Under the cover of free speech, some believe they can fire shots at the reputation of a company, but the company needs to just take it. Not so. In a free speech environment they are free to fire back.

Firing back and refuting is one thing but silencing your ability to post is another. IMO, Tesla should have reached out to the owner of the video and asked him to take it down AFTER they had rectified his problem. That's the non-shady way to handle it.

I guess most people aren't watching the video or reading this thread...but there's no proof that Tesla requested to have the video removed.

As I mentioned in post #32 above: Tesla Critical Youtube Videos Receiving Community Guideline Violations, it's most likely the video was incorrectly flagged by YouTube's AI and was removed automatically. Once the OP contested it, the video was put back up after YouTube confirmed the video isn't inappropriate content.

Firing back and refuting is one thing but silencing your ability to post is another. IMO, Tesla should have reached out to the owner of the video and asked him to take it down AFTER they had rectified his problem. That's the non-shady way to handle it.

As stated above in an earlier post, it is doubtful that Tesla did anything relative to the video. Asking him to take it down might seem fishy like you are asking the OP to hide that there was a problem. I think it would have been better if Tesla had just asked that the video be updated to state that Tesla had resolved the issue. That way no one is hiding that there was a problem but it is noted that it was eventually rectified.

Looks like someone has changed facts (video was flagged) into non-facts

So seriously, was it really flagged or it's just made up because the evidence shows that the video is still accessible :)

I've posted a video showing the caption on the page that it's in violation: MEGA

I've posted a screenshot of my video manager showing the video as flagged: MEGA

I've also posted the original violation notice email from youtube: MEGA

The publish date of the video was also updated to the date Youtube relisted it (Youtube did this not me).

Not one piece of this is made up. If that's not enough to prove this actually happened I know some flat-earthers you'd fit right in with.

Status
Not open for further replies.