Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed odometer backlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can change the brightness on the white light (backlight) such as the speedometer? Seem excessively bright at night. I’ve changed the display to night with zero brightness which did not effect my he white lights at all. The white light seems brighter than normal after this last update or maybe they’ve always been that bright and it never bothered me before.

Doesn’t affect the night time speed, temp.. display brightness. It darkens everything else. It’s already set to night mode
Sorry, I didn't fully read your question. From the manual:

Touch Controls > Display to adjust display settings to suit your preferences:

• Appearance: Customize the display to be Dark or Light. When set to Auto, the brightness changes automatically based on ambient lighting conditions.
  • Brightness: Drag the slider to manually control the brightness level. If Display Mode is set to Auto, the touchscreen further adjusts based on both the ambient lighting conditions and your brightness preference. Model Y remembers your chosen brightness preference and adjusts the touchscreen accordingly.
I probably have a different computer than you (not sure about the screen) and that might make a difference. As well, I have a screen protector on mine to cut down on glare. I have terrible halo effect on lights (not just in the car, I live in a high rise and have the same issue when outside, looking at the street lighting below) but the screen doesn't bother me at night. The eye doctor says there's nothing wrong with my eyes, it is my astigmatism causing this but it was part of the reason I supported the expense of FSD because dark happens by 4:15 in the afternoon (and light doesn't happen until 8) and so in the winter, it was affecting my comfort level being out driving and I hoped that FSD would help make driving easier for me. Hah! I find that LED lighting is multiple times worse for this than older lights but that ship has sailed in my city as traffic and street lights are retrofitted (with the side effect that traffic lights are sometimes covered in snow since there is no heat to melt the snow off them.)