Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed Sensitive Volume Control - Disable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3/Y should not have Speed Sensitive Volume Control. You are able to change the music volume separate from the navigation volume. Perhaps that is making you think it's changing.
Negative. I also hate the voice nav turn-by-turn and always mute that. It’s either an automatic speed-sensitive music volume adjustment or an automatic background-noise-sensitive volume adjustment, and it’s particularly noticeable when the music volume is adjusted to fairly low when stopped; then after hitting about 15 mph, the volume goes up substantially. Highly annoying :eek:

• Disagree
Reactions: Za_c
Negative. I also hate the voice nav turn-by-turn and always mute that. It’s either an automatic speed-sensitive music volume adjustment or an automatic background-noise-sensitive volume adjustment, and it’s particularly noticeable when the music volume is adjusted to fairly low when stopped; then after hitting about 15 mph, the volume goes up substantially. Highly annoying :eek:
None of that is a feature. So, either you are hitting the scroll wheel or...

My VW GTI has the speed sensing volume and I love it. VW does allow you to adjust the min/max level, adjust the volume level for when you initially start the car (in case you forgot to turn it down when shutting the car off), and another option I like is you can set it to automatically mute the radio when you put the car in reverse which it makes it nice so you can hear when backing up.

Reactions: rusmo
Here’s a similar thread in the Model 3 forum!
Speed Sensitive Volume Control?

Apparently there used to be a UI for this feature but Tesla took the UI away and left the feature enabled :mad:
Why not in the manual?
That never made it past early 2018. My M3 is from Summer 2018 and it never did that. It is also not in the MY OM or a discussed feature on the website. I don't see many people joining this thread to complain or confirm.

I'll check when I get an MY in a few weeks.

Reactions: Za_c and mycroftxxx
Mine does not do this.
Cool, doesn’t mean it’s not happening to others of us (your downvotes in this thread notwithstanding :rolleyes:).

Seriously, this is a real puzzlement. It is a marked effect in my MY, but I’m not convinced it’s speed - sometimes it seems more background noise related, which of course is correlated with speed. I also haven’t tested against all input sources.

Cool, doesn’t mean it’s not happening to others of us (your downvotes in this thread notwithstanding :rolleyes:).

Seriously, this is a real puzzlement. It is a marked effect in my MY, but I’m not convinced it’s speed - sometimes it seems more background noise related, which of course is correlated with speed. I also haven’t tested against all input sources.

True, input sources could play a part, I currently am strictly using bluetooth. I do not play or stream anything from the preinstall applications at this time.