Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speeding Fine!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, you have proof you broke the law, but only a little bit? Isn’t that like doing a nice murder, rather than a bad one? Not sure if my other analogy would get me banned or not so I’ll leave it….

Either way, Speeding isn’t dangerous, it’s the inability to control it. There are more accidents and incidents now in 20mph zones have rolled out than when they were 30s. But they also generate lots more money so will stay. Smart motorways cost silly money and are causing deaths left, right and Chelsea, but are making multi millions a day in fines for enforcing 50mph for no reason. So they will stay.

Take the fine. There’s nothing you can do.

I've had one through for 52mph on the M6 near Coventry on a smart motorway showing 40mph. The thing is, I'm sure that the matrix signs were showing 50. However, I wasn't quick enough to think to press the horn and keep the video. My advice would be that if you get flashed on a smart motorway, press the horn and review the footage when it is safe to do so. Without the video, I'm not brave enough to challenge, so I opted for the motorway speed awareness course via Zoom in Jan.

Since then, I have noticed that the speed display in the car seems to be spot on. When I pass other cars, where you can see their speed displayed, mine is always lower even though I'm passing. Made me think that the old days of the displayed speed being higher than actual are gone.

My cause wasn't helped when I then got another on the M1 near Sheffield for doing 65 in a smart motorway 60mph limit. I'll be taking the three points for that one. Stupid boy! 😧
That's weird I always set the cruise control to 66 mph in the 60 zone. I guess I've been lucky.

That's weird I always set the cruise control to 66 mph in the 60 zone. I guess I've been lucky.
84 in a 70, 66 in a 60, 56 in a 50, 45 in a 40, all below the threshold of prosecution (currently) on the stretches of motorway I use regularly when it comes to HADECS, but different forces set different thresholds. Not advice.

84 in a 70, all below the threshold of prosecution (currently)
what do you mean?
This is 3 points on your license.
I was lucky that I was offered a speed awareness course for this.

since then, for next 3 years, I am driving 74 in 70 (which is ~70 per GPS) and never triggers fixed speed cameras on the side of the motorways.

it's always funny when someone whooses past me at 80+, then breaks at speed camera :D

what do you mean?
This is 3 points on your license.
I was lucky that I was offered a speed awareness course for this.

since then, for next 3 years, I am driving 74 in 70 (which is ~70 per GPS) and never triggers fixed speed cameras on the side of the motorways.

it's always funny when someone whooses past me at 80+, then breaks at speed camera :D
I'm talking about the speed at which most HADECS cameras on motorways start taking photos, around the M25, M3, M4 before Swindon. Beware Avon & Somerset though. They can be particularly vindictive.