Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SPO delivery questions/issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery of our CPO P85 a few days ago. We just made it back home. We got an email from Tesla asking if our delivery was 10/10. It wasn't. I would rate it at 8/10. One, because there was little communication after we put the deposit down 8/29 up until we got the car. We called several times and no one knew where the car was or when we would get it. That, and the 30 day financing lock window, we ended up signing for the car before we took delivery.

So, we got the car and found out that it was a demo/loaner it's whole life. It's got low miles just 15k but the wear and tear is significant. My wife noticed the driver's door, and really every door, has all these dings on the grab handle trim from rings and such leaving marks and dings in the aluminum trim. She pointed out the driver's door during delivery and they replaced it on the spot. Looking at it more, the other three have several dings that don't fit with a car at 15k miles. The rear seatbelt buckles, or the latches, the part in the seat, have serious dings and such from test drives. The front hood has one serious and one slight dent from improper closing. We ended up having the interior detailed professionally because it was so dirty. Not dirty as in they never cleaned it but it just had a lot of sand imbedded in the carpet and dust in the vents/cracks of the car.

I don't want to sound like a picky person. I'm not. I get that it's a used car. There were a couple dings on the wheels that we don't care about but these issues I mentioned are beyond what anyone would expect of a 15k mile car.

Would you guys mention these things in a reply email? I get that Tesla is new. I've been a huge fan for a long, long time. I fully support their movement to sustainable transportation. This is our 3rd EV. We saved for years to get a CPO. It's a ton of money for us. I don't want to demand or expect more than we deserve with our purchase. I just don't want to give them the idea that we had a 10/10 delivery or say that we had a lower evaluated delivery when in fact we got what we should have. I mean since the car was made it already has updates that make it better than when it was new. Sure, the seats have a few scratches and the carpet mats flop back on the passenger's feet when you accelerate quickly but the car is so quiet, it drives so well, and the Nav, well, I'm impressed. I'm really blown away with this car. It's more than I expected but after a few days I just don't feel I can say I was left with 10/10 delivery experience. This is mainly because if we knew this was was a demo and then a loaner car we probably would have picked another one or waited until a different one became available. Tesla had to replace the front nose cone and paint a rear quarter panel before we picked it up. Am I asking too much? I'm about to send my reply to them about my experience and just wanted to run this by everyone before I did.

Thanks!

It finally stopped raining here. I got a few pictures of the hood. It got too dark for the doors. I'll post them later.
IMG_0524.JPG IMG_0526.JPG IMG_0525.JPG

My first post. Scheduled to take delivery of an 85 next week ((I hope). If I got the survey today, I wouldn't give them a 10 either. Like you, I am now past my 30 day rate lock window which isn't a huge deal, but could be an issue if interest rates change. I just don't think it's unreasonable to deliver a car within a month.

As many others have stated, it's frustrating that Tesla puts cars on the CPO website that haven't passed certification yet.

I'm now on my 2nd car; 1st one was "a parts back order", the DS advised I switch units which I did. Now the second one hasn't been delivered yet either. I took his advice that if I switched, they could deliver the car within 30 days. That wasn't accurate.

As for the pics of the frunk damage, Its a little difficult to see the extent of the issues my iPad, other than a wave in the sheet metal.

HD