Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spoiler auto retracts when hatch opens.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate this new feature, but unfortunately the hatch stops opening about 2" sooner than it used to, which negates the whole benefit of closing the spoiler to get more clearance.
Give Tesla some time. I'm guessing that they're being ultra conservative right now. In a few months they may have more confidence with the sensors/software and reduce their safety buffer.

With the latest SW, my spoiler retracts when an overhead object (e.g., my garage door) is sensed, but stays up when opening all the way outside.

If I open the hatch with the touchscreen or hatch switch, it detects the overhead garage door, puts the spoiler down, and stops short. If I open the hatch with the fob, it slams into the garage door. Go figure that one out.

Anyway, it stops short about 4", which is sooner than before as @timf states.

• Informative
Reactions: Blastphemy
I didn't think the hatch had sensors.

I wish they would save the Hatch opening settings by GPS location. I had to set it to not open very far to have it avoid my garage door (which is a nice feature) but now it only opens this far everywhere and you kind of have to wait for it to open to this point before you can push it open further.