Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spoiler fit for new 2021 refreshed Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone, I just happened to be at RPM Tesla a couple days ago and the owner told me they are expecting the prototype for the new plaid spoiler in a couple weeks. They will be accepting pre orders. He actually took the spoiler off his personal plaid to model it haha

Wanted a refresh spoiler on my wife's LR, so I created a mold and popped this out today...

This is just a test fit after rough trimming. Tried a red metallic carbon fiber fabric hoping it would go with the vinyl wrap. Not liking it as much as I thought. Going back to traditional black carbon on the next attempt.

IMG_2214.jpeg

Reactions: VikH and gbailey
Wanted a refresh spoiler on my wife's LR, so I created a mold and popped this out today...

This is just a test fit after rough trimming. Tried a red metallic carbon fiber fabric hoping it would go with the vinyl wrap. Not liking it as much as I thought. Going back to traditional black carbon on the next attempt.

View attachment 782596
Is that a plaid replica spoiler you made?

Any way you want it. Gloss or matte is determined by the sprayed finish coat. I've got at least 7 different rolls of fabric, from traditional 2x2 weaves to triaxial spread tow.
Wow I know nothing about carbon fiber or knew there were so many different types. I'd love to see pictures of all of those to see what options there are. I'd want matte.