Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spontaneously cracked windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just drove my 2023 MYLR about 500 miles to visit a friend in downstate New York. Temp in high 70's and mild overnight. I parked upon arrival with no issues. The next morning when I went out, there was an approx. 12 inch crack in the upper left side of the windshield. No impact marks, it just spontaneously cracked. I marked the end of the crack before my drive home, and it grew about another 3/8" toward the center of the windshield.

I've scheduled a Tesla service appt. (no way I'll let a non-Tesla service center at it) and the estimate is about $1500! I had no idea. Will I have to fight to get it covered by warrantee? There is NO apparent cause.

Will I have to fight to get it covered by warrantee? There is NO apparent cause.

If there is no impact point, then it should be covered by warranty. If they deny you, they should be able to point to an impact point. Anything that looks like a star, chip, etc anywhere along that crack is going to be called an impact point, so if there are none of those anywhere along the crack you should be good for warranty coverage.