Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sport seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were showing in the model S service manual before Tesla removed the pages. No indication as to when they'll be available, whether they'll be standard, a factory option, a retrofit, etc.
These seemed to be another retrofit option like the Plaid Track Pack. There were removal instructions along with Re-install. Candidly I would acquire it without a second thought. The MSP seats are terrible when coupled with the improved dynamics of the Trackpack.

Seems like Tesla sold us on the value of a Plaid + and then turned around and started selling all the components of the original vision independently. If this is the approach I am actually not mad. Ill happily buy the updates for my OG Plaid.

“Collect them all. Each piece sold separately!”

I'm living my 80s Mask dreams.

These seemed to be another retrofit option like the Plaid Track Pack. There were removal instructions along with Re-install. Candidly I would acquire it without a second thought. The MSP seats are terrible when coupled with the improved dynamics of the Trackpack.

Seems like Tesla sold us on the value of a Plaid + and then turned around and started selling all the components of the original vision independently. If this is the approach I am actually not mad. Ill happily buy the updates for my OG Plaid.

“Collect them all. Each piece sold separately!”

I'm living my 80s Mask dreams.

Yeah who knows about retrofit or not. I suspect they’ll be optional in some capacity, if for no other reason than I imagine that a decent contingent of buyers would not want sport seats. I don’t think having remove and reinstall procedures is indicative of much though - they have the same procedures for the standard seats too.

At this point main thing missing that the plaid+ had is the 500+ mile range. Which I still suspect was never actually in the cards

Reactions: 3rdpower
To me at 6'4", it looks like the protruding center of the headrest will hit me right at the bottom of my neck between my shoulders, and it is not movable. Most airplanes have this same poor design, but some are movable. If it isn't tall enough, it makes your head slump forward all the time.