Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my model Y a couple of days back and as strange as it sounds, Spotify does not work. Went back to the dealership today - the same acct works with on-screen browser, but not with Spotify App. Tried in couple of new showroom display models - same problem everywhere.

Any advice/suggestions pls...

Assuming you already have a Spotify Premium account you can download the Spotify phone app and log into your Spotify Premium account on the phone to confirm your Spotify Premium account is active. You should be able to move seamlessly between listening to Spotify Premium in the Tesla Model Y (select Spotify as the music source.) When you park, exit the Tesla vehicle your current program/playlist should continue to play on the Spotify phone app.

Upvote 0
IMO the Tesla Spotify app is pretty terrible. Except for the tiny fonts, the Spotify site in the browser works much better. Even the scroll wheel works with it to skip past songs. I got Spotify premium for 3 months for free so I could play around with it. The web site and the app on my Android devices worked great.

I would have kept the subscription if the Tesla Spotify app didn't drive me bonkers. It took a week or more for playlists to show up. I could almost live with that long delay but the killer was that the playlists did not work. It would play one song from the playlist and then start playing other songs that were not even on the list. Others have reported problems with the delays in updating (sometimes fixed by logging out and logging in again) but I haven't seen anyone else report the problem with the playlists simply not working so YMMVG.

Upvote 0
Assuming you already have a Spotify Premium account you can download the Spotify phone app and log into your Spotify Premium account on the phone to confirm your Spotify Premium account is active. You should be able to move seamlessly between listening to Spotify Premium in the Tesla Model Y (select Spotify as the music source.) When you park, exit the Tesla vehicle your current program/playlist should continue to play on the Spotify phone app.

Upvote 0
My understanding is to use Spotify as a native audio source in the Tesla Model Y that you must have a Spotify Premium account. (You can stream Spotify Basic (with commercials) from your phone over BT.) I've never tried to access Spotify via the Tesla web browser as I believe most/all streaming audio and video programming is suspended while the Tesla vehicle is being driven for driving safety.

You can find online promotions (Walmart, Paypal and others sites) offering 90 days free Spotify Premium when you sign up. Spotify offers 30 days free when you sign.

Reactions: Mogambo
Upvote 0
I've never tried to access Spotify via the Tesla web browser as I believe most/all streaming audio and video programming is suspended while the Tesla vehicle is being driven for driving safety.
Spotify is the only music web site I know of that works while driving. Even the scroll wheel works. At least it worked the last time I tried it which was a couple of months ago. It worked much better than the app but it wasn't 100% problem free.

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
Upvote 0
My understanding is to use Spotify as a native audio source in the Tesla Model Y that you must have a Spotify Premium account. (You can stream Spotify Basic (with commercials) from your phone over BT.) I've never tried to access Spotify via the Tesla web browser as I believe most/all streaming audio and video programming is suspended while the Tesla vehicle is being driven for driving safety.

You can find online promotions (Walmart, Paypal and others sites) offering 90 days free Spotify Premium when you sign up. Spotify offers 30 days free when you sign.
Thanks jcanoe. You were right, I upgraded to Spotify premium and now it works. Thanks !!

Reactions: BitJam and jcanoe
Upvote 0