Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Car Thing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, has anyone received and used the new Spotify Car Thing (their new portable unit for cars)? Did a search on this site and didn’t get any pings….curious how people are integrating to their cars (dash, vent mount, etc) and general sound quality. I got an email that they’re sending me one for free and hope it will integrate nicely with our cars…

I’m wondering what advantage this would have over the native integration. Since it would be streaming from your phone perhaps better quality, still subject to BT quality, but since the bitrate can be set higher, it should be better than the native Tesla app. I’m not sure that’s worth the aesthetics and convenience penalty.

Reactions: Gridlok
Yeah I just received mine in the mail. Haven’t thought about how to actually install it yet, but am just curious if it improves the sound quality, navigation experience, and makes it easier for the co-pilot to change music without covering up navigation.