Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky driver's seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been fortunate enough to not have any real squeaks and rattles with my M3P - until the last couple of weeks. The car is 15 months or so old and not heavily used. However, in the last couple of weeks the drivers seat has started to squeak and "crack" a little under acceleration or just if you wriggle about a bit. Almost as though someting internal is coming adrift or maybe the anchoring.

Anyone else had similar please? Feels like a service request job :(

I have this problem. Creaks on bends, bumps etc. Model S, 52k miles, not sure if this will count as under guarantee

Tony
Hi Tony, hope you are getting back to full fitness. I'm at around 7.5k miles and all was fine until recently. Just recently starting to creak and groan a bit disconcertingly. Not a show stopper but feels a bit fragile and like it might degrade further. I'll give it a few weeks and maybe book it in for service in the new year

Hi Tony, hope you are getting back to full fitness. I'm at around 7.5k miles and all was fine until recently. Just recently starting to creak and groan a bit disconcertingly. Not a show stopper but feels a bit fragile and like it might degrade further. I'll give it a few weeks and maybe book it in for service in the new year

Yes, definitely get it booked in. I would be very surprised indeed if you don't get a positive response in terms of this being a warranty issue. Aside from anything else a secure seat is essential for safety.

Sounds similar to my M3P except it is with the front passenger seat, which moved very slightly from new when under hard acceleration or braking. This gradually got worse over 15k miles until I could also hear a knocking from the seat base when on regen or accelerating and someone was using the seat. I booked it into West Drayton SC who diagnosed a cross threaded/damaged thread on the floor plate (captive nut?) that one of the seat fixing bolts locates into, i.e. seat was installed incorrectly when the car was built. It's a warranty repair job, and the car is now at a Tesla approved bodyshop awaiting the the necessary parts to arrive from the Netherlands. The repair involves dropping the battery pack, replacing the passenger floor plate, welding on a a new captive nut. So far I have been without the car for 3 weeks and have been given a Model S 75D loaner.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Sounds similar to my M3P except it is with the front passenger seat, which moved very slightly from new when under hard acceleration or braking. This gradually got worse over 15k miles until I could also hear a knocking from the seat base when on regen or accelerating and someone was using the seat. I booked it into West Drayton SC who diagnosed a cross threaded/damaged thread on the floor plate (captive nut?) that one of the seat fixing bolts locates into, i.e. seat was installed incorrectly when the car was built. It's a warranty repair job, and the car is now at a Tesla approved bodyshop awaiting the the necessary parts to arrive from the Netherlands. The repair involves dropping the battery pack, replacing the passenger floor plate, welding on a a new captive nut. So far I have been without the car for 3 weeks and have been given a Model S 75D loaner.
Blimey - I hope it doesn't come to that but thanks for letting me know :eek: