Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky M3 Brakes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost 3 months in and still experiencing very loud squeaky brakes, especially when reversing out of the drive which has a slight downhill gradient.

OK, it acts as an audible safety feature but a bit embarrassing disturbing neighbours in this way, especially after 3 months.

I’m thinking no damage is being caused to the disks but has anyone had this issue fixed by SC?

And what is causing the squeakiness?

Yes. We had this fixed - well at least not heard it since but then we use hold now to reverse off driveway. Apparently the conformed issue and disassembled/reassembled everything - probably with a bit more care. There was however a wear ring appearing on at least one of the discs.

Yes. We had this fixed - well at least not heard it since but then we use hold now to reverse off driveway. Apparently the conformed issue and disassembled/reassembled everything - probably with a bit more care. There was however a wear ring appearing on at least one of the discs.

Spoke too soon. Reversed out on creep mode and still a problem. So if you don't want squealing brakes, reverse on hold mode.

I tried to book a service for this but was told I had to demonstrate the problem at the service centre, which was never going to happen as the squeaking only ever occurs as I’m setting off.

I asked about this on TOGUK and the consensus there is that it’s a known problem from lack of use of the brakes. The generally accepted maintenance/fix is to turn regen to low and stamp on the brakes a few times.

To be honest I now drive in Hold mode so I don’t have the problem anymore as I stop on regen when reversing off.