Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky refresh falcon wing door trim panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My driver door is quiet - only passenger. I applied gummi pfledge less than 3 months ago on both, think my issue is similar to the op. Putting Velcro in the spot where the paint is rubbed off helped a bit. This is temp till Tesla aligns the door yet again so hopefully won’t rub.

The creaking shows up I notice more in warm weather. And it comes from the dash more so than the FWD, possibly the front passenger door pressing against it. It disappears when you press firmly on the top of the dash.

Service is on Tue - they need to adjust that fwd so it can stop the paint damage and i’m sure that will affect the balloon rub sound too. The dash creak though- who knows.

The creaking shows up I notice more in warm weather. And it comes from the dash more so than the FWD, possibly the front passenger door pressing against it. It disappears when you press firmly on the top of the dash.

Service is on Tue - they need to adjust that fwd so it can stop the paint damage and i’m sure that will affect the balloon rub sound too. The dash creak though- who knows.
On my car, I get vibration sounds from the driver-side display and and mesh next to the windshield. Annoying!

I drenched all weather and plastic strips around the FWD and the body where door touches with gummi pfledge and that removed quite a bit of the rubbing sounds but didn’t completely eliminate them. However I’m fairly confident once they realign the passenger FWD so it doesn’t rub the C pillar paint this could would fix the rest.

The front dash creaks only show up in very warm weather and it’s been cool today but my service visit will be on a warm day. We’ll see, that should hopefully be fixable by extra felt under the right panels .