Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Auto dimming mirrors, new rubber seals on roof glass and thinking audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my SR+ M3 on August 30th, made in August. I thought I read somewhere that the auto dimming mirror were removed?

I drove it for at night the first time the other day and was surprised that both side mirrors and rear view mirror are auto dimming! Very pleasantly surprised!

I also have read up and down about wind noise and the glass roof..... my glass roof is sealed all the way around with over lapping rubber seals; there is no gap between glass and body. Wind noise is almost non existent, just tire noise in the highway.

The audio thumps well, better then expected actually since I did not order an upper model with the premium audio system.... however when I go in to the specification for my M3 on the screen it states “Premium Audio” is that normal for a SR+?

Seems like the mirror and noise reducing seals on the glass roof are a decent upgrade. Anyone else notice anything different from their newly received M3’s vs what other have said about their slightly older ones?

Pics of seals would go a long way to prove/disprove what you have being any different that previously available.

Description-wise, sounds like the vanilla flaps and glass surround trim found on all 2017-2020 Model 3s.

Auto dimming side mirrors on your trim car this late into the year does seem odd, they were supposed to be gone. If you have them, aside from the dim function, you can see a fine outline (as if someone taped a slightly smaller mirror protective film) along the perimiter of the mirror glass.

They are not that great, often dim with not desired and work against rather than for you. Luckily, if you ever tire of this, plenty of options to deal with it (from simple unplug to replacement.

Re Premium Audio on a late 2020 SR+ (thought that trim itself was gone), I have no working knowledge. Hopefully some ,from the endless array of SR/SR-/+ owners, chime in.