Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR downgrade finally coming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, though I wouldn't rule potential legal issues for Tesla in addition to bad press. Bottom line, they stand to lose a lot more than they might gain in revenue for a handful of upgrades.
God, quit with the victim mentality. You get what YOU pay for. Tesla has made it very easy for YOU to pay more to add these features.

If you crash because YOU didn’t pay for the fog lights, that is YOUR fault.

• Disagree
Reactions: jrcase and smashcz
How many people here are really complaining about losing features as a result of this downgrade? Maybe 2 or 3? Are we still focusing on this after 200 posts? Who cares. There are thousands of members on this forum. If a couple of them are being unrealistic just ignore them. Why do we keep going on and on about this?
Very true. Just boggles the mind how entitled people have become.

God, quit with the victim mentality. You get what YOU pay for. Tesla has made it very easy for YOU to pay more to add these features.

If you crash because YOU didn’t pay for the fog lights, that is YOUR fault.
Not to defend anybody, but I think his point was about Tesla image being dinged if they do something like this, not about saving money or getting more than what ordered. In total transparency I would have taken away the heated seats more than the fog led. More important for the final user than the fo lights and less potential image impact about safety.

Not to defend anybody, but I think his point was about Tesla image being dinged if they do something like this, not about saving money or getting more than what ordered. In total transparency I would have taken away the heated seats more than the fog led. More important for the final user than the fo lights and less potential image impact about safety.
The way I see it, they are getting what they paid for. Ya want more, ya pay more.

The way I see it, they are getting what they paid for. Ya want more, ya pay more.
The way I see it those that ordered the SR got more than what was supposed before April 11th, anyhow I also value the fact that sometimes is not about those that wants more, but about how the company could suffer of certain actions.
BTW I ordered an SR+ and got it on April the 5th so I'm probably one of those that paid it the most amount of money. Still when i see a valid point I consider it a valid point. not useless just because I want other to get what they paid.

After receiving the email, I scheduled a service appt, as the email from Tesla asked me to. They just called and cancelled my appt. The service center said they do not yet know how to undo the SR regression, and they also don't know what to charge me even if they did know how. They did say they expect an appt is not required, and this can likely be done OTA.

Really not trying to complain, just wanting to provide info to others. I really enjoy the car and I got way more than I paid for...as a $35k SR buyer and an SR+/ leather interior receiver.

As for the promised call back from the Tesla sales center I visited in person Friday to ask the price for this upgrade, they haven't called back. In their defense, I'm sure they haven't called because they don't have an answer yet for what this will cost.

After receiving the email, I scheduled a service appt, as the email from Tesla asked me to. They just called and cancelled my appt. The service center said they do not yet know how to undo the SR regression, and they also don't know what to charge me even if they did know how. They did say they expect an appt is not required, and this can likely be done OTA.

Really not trying to complain, just wanting to provide info to others. I really enjoy the car and I got way more than I paid for...as a $35k SR buyer and an SR+/ leather interior receiver.

As for the promised call back from the Tesla sales center I visited in person Friday to ask the price for this upgrade, they haven't called back. In their defense, I'm sure they haven't called because they don't have an answer yet for what this will cost.
Typical handling of Tesla

@joe12pack , Every car we purchased from the lot where we went around and looked at different cars there to compare color and features we were interested in had the sticker removed for us by time of delivery. Never saw one on the window. Think we were usually handed it with our papers.

I don’t get people’s obsession almost with the fact that Tesla has a few engineers working on any gaming or easter eggs for the cars. Clearly its a big hit with a portion of the market be it adults or parents with kids or grandparents with grandkids in tow. Of course every “feature” isn’t there to please everyone but sure helps spread the love for Teslas among many.

You may not want your car to be more like a cellphone but I think that’s a dying breed. People are embracing technology like this, like it or not. No doubt almost every auto maker will be following Teslas lead on many of the things they have done and included in/on their cars. Maybe a current ICE is more to your liking so not sure why you bought a Tesla.

Turning on functionality to cameras, motors, batteries, charging infrastructure is really adding the use of hardware to cars that weren’t sold on that basis, so yeah kind of you can add hardware use to a vehicle. Tesla simply had the forethought to include it in their cars and then add the functionality later time when such making sense. The car does “grow” with you. Somethings you’ll get for free like the dashcam but others you’ll need to actually pay for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.