Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model 3 Discontinued?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR is off menu item. It is not online order few weeks ago. You can still call the sales or tesla store to order

Is your car said standard or standard plus? people said recent delivery from Tesla is giving a real standard model 3 if you buy SR. not SR+ for SR if you get it few weeks back

Reactions: Jazz3D
Can you confirm your interior looks the same as the SR+? Also, what navigation option are you left with at the base model? I'm asking because I was considering getting the SR+ but mainly for the interior, but now that cloth manual seats don't exist...I'm wondering if the SR+ is really worth it.

Can you confirm your interior looks the same as the SR+? Also, what navigation option are you left with at the base model? I'm asking because I was considering getting the SR+ but mainly for the interior, but now that cloth manual seats don't exist...I'm wondering if the SR+ is really worth it.

Yes, all the interiors in every Model 3 variant are the same minus some speakers and features. You can even upgrade to white interior on the SR

See here

IMO SR+ really isn't worth the extra cost now if you are looking for the most affordable Model 3. It has like 3 small features and 20+ miles over the SR + Autopilot (if you really want it). $4,500 price difference if you keep everything black and aero.

You'll notice no difference aesthetically in the interior.

SR is truly the bargain Model 3. And you can upgrade to SR+ in your SR if you want. Still don't know the price to upgrade but shouldn't be unreasonable

Yes, all the interiors in every Model 3 variant are the same minus some speakers and features. You can even upgrade to white interior on the SR

See here

IMO SR+ really isn't worth the extra cost now if you are looking for the most affordable Model 3. It has like 3 small features and 20+ miles over the SR + Autopilot (if you really want it). $4,500 price difference if you keep everything black and aero.

SR is truly the bargain Model 3. And you can upgrade to SR+ in your SR if you want. Still don't know the price to upgrade but shouldn't be unreasonable
Thanks so much! This is really helpful... I'm leaning towards the SR!!

See here

While it is "likely" that tesla offers an upgrade from SR to SR+ at some point, it would also be "reasonable" to expect the cost to be at LEAST the difference in price between the two when purchased new. tesla pretty much will have to do that (the "autopilot discount" fiasco proves that SR+ buyers would throw a complete @#$@ fit if it ended up being cheaper to get the SR+ features upgraded from SR than it was for them to buy it new).

Given that, the expectation should be that, it will cost at least as much as the difference cost new, and likely a bit more than that. That would be the expectation I had if I was looking at it. Since Autopilot is "standard" in an SR+, that means to upgrade, they will likely charge the upgrade price for autopilot, + whatever they will charge for the other bits. I would expect an SR upgraded to SR+ to end up costing 500 to 1k more than an SR+ purchased new, when this all shakes out.

I am wondering if thats what you mean by "unreasonable"?

SR+ should simply become the base Model 3. And it technically already is

208 miles of range for the 60kW Model S back in 2012

In 2019 the base Model 3 should have considerably more range than that of a base model Tesla 7 years ago.

220 is meh. 240 is more so considerable

I took delivery of an SR today for a family member. The car shows “SR” on the window sticker although on the screen it still said SR+. The car definitely had only 220 miles of range. I tested the front seats and they are definitely heated and got warm very quickly. There was no option to enable the heated seats in the rear. Fog lights were not showing as an option. Immersive sound “on/off” was available. Car was running 2019.7.107.

No floor mats. No streaming. Standard maps, no option to switch to satellite maps.