Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine Feb 21st, one day after they removed it from their website. I still had the page open and was able to complete my order. Took delivery on March 20th.

Soon after I ordered I was told that if I ordered the car I'd eventually get it. Then about a week later I was told that if I didn't match to existing inventory I'd be out of luck. Luckily I got an exact match. If you've ordered one and don't have it by now I'd be concerned. Did you order one?

one day after they removed it from their website. I still had the page open and was able to complete my order.
That is great.

Where are you based? I'm in California. Yes, I had ordered it on Feb 19th but didn't get it until Mar 25th so upgraded it to LR. My cousin is still in line and waiting so thought to ask on this forum and I'm curious as well as to know.

For those who had their order placed for Model Y SR before the discontinuation, Did you guys received the delivery? or Still Waiting?
Hi Ajay,

Ordered in jan-1st week , my order disappeared from my account , few weeks back all of sudden i got call from dublin tesla that my car will be ready by Mar-29th, first they told me my car need to pickup from dublin,ca but later they delivered at home, its home delivery(MY_RED)

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric9610
Waiting to take delivery on orders already placed…
When I bought a MYSR from inventory, and the VIN was moved onto my existing order, I was then left with an unfilled MYSR order agreement/RN. I gotta wonder if it's the very last MYSR order! Haha. Order date 06/26. What is also intriguing is that they put the order on hold until December 1st, which I certainly didn't request. It says "2 - 6 weeks" in the "edit design" builder, which allows me to change the MYSR configuration even though MYSR doesn't show as an option in the config, but that time frame is the "MYSR is never getting built" placeholder.

When I bought a MYSR from inventory, and the VIN was moved onto my existing order, I was then left with an unfilled MYSR order agreement/RN. I gotta wonder if it's the very last MYSR order! Haha. Order date 06/26. What is also intriguing is that they put the order on hold until December 1st, which I certainly didn't request. It says "2 - 6 weeks" in the "edit design" builder, which allows me to change the MYSR configuration even though MYSR doesn't show as an option in the config, but that time frame is the "MYSR is never getting built" placeholder.
Interesting. I feel like you having access to the SR configurator might give us some insight. They just launched the SR in Hong Kong a week ago and now in China today so perhaps it will come back and your delivery estimate on your original RN might give us a hint to when that might be... who knows?

are you gointg to sit on it until Dec or try to click the "ready" button to remove the hold.
Wondering if I should bother calling them about my open order, let it ride awhile longer, or just cancel...

and how did you get yours out of inventory? was it just luck that you saw it or did they contact you?

are you gointg to sit on it until Dec or try to click the "ready" button to remove the hold.
Wondering if I should bother calling them about my open order, let it ride awhile longer, or just cancel...

and how did you get yours out of inventory? was it just luck that you saw it or did they contact you?
I hit "I'm ready". I was feeling my Spongebob oats. Local SAs contacted me a couple of times about MYSRs that became available locally, but they were all 7 seaters. It wasn't luck in the least - it was dogged determination and boundless obsession.

I ordered mine February (or was it March?) and still haven't received an estimated date or VIN. I submitted my info online and was approved for credit and everything. Sales advisor says all I can do is hope and wait they build some more Model Y SR cars.

Finally called yesterday to see what they said. Initially guy said August delivery... end of month. Then I asked “are you sure” and the checked then said, oh they are not making the SR anymore… He made it sound like I was lucky he could apply my payment to a LR and get it in December.. at current price.

Tried to see if they would give me the LR at the price when I ordered the SR in Feb, but no go…

Going to sit on the order for now and see if they someday build more. Wonder though if it ever comes back if it will be a “different” model like SR+, in which case they probably wouldnt give us the new one since the old order is different…

Reactions: ebwb
I ordered mine February (or was it March?) and still haven't received an estimated date or VIN. I submitted my info online and was approved for credit and everything. Sales advisor says all I can do is hope and wait they build some more Model Y SR cars.
I checked my order today and the "2-6 weeks for estimated delivery" is gone now... doesn't say anything except that I ordered... maybe they are ready to kill my order completely

I checked my order today and the "2-6 weeks for estimated delivery" is gone now... doesn't say anything except that I ordered... maybe they are ready to kill my order completely
They're not going to kill your order completely. They will keep trying to convert you to a LR. No point in cancelling from your end. You won't get your $100 back. So may as well just leave it open indefinitely.

Maybe they'll release a LR RWD model soon. I see rumblings here and there about that config finally coming to market. Would be a nice balance between the SR and LR AWD.