Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR order holding out for tax credit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any SR order folks here still holding out until the fed ev tax credit come backs? It seems like it's close to passing but at the same time Tesla is supposedly stop making SR. But the funny thing is Tesla still isn't canceling my order and I just got a VIN assigned yesterday. So should it keep holding out until the tax credit? Anyone else in the same boat?

...It seems like it's close to passing...

You mean as close as the infrastructure bill with the threat of zero votes from Republicans?

With this $12,500 EV tax credit bill:

"This is a frontal assault on my state, This is an ideological jihad against the status quo... where many jobs in our country depend on the oil and gas sector", Republican Senator John Cornyn of Texas.

...So should it keep holding out until the tax credit?...

You could but I don't know Tesla will hold out for you.

Reactions: acebrigade
Any SR order folks here still holding out until the fed ev tax credit come backs? It seems like it's close to passing but at the same time Tesla is supposedly stop making SR. But the funny thing is Tesla still isn't canceling my order and I just got a VIN assigned yesterday. So should it keep holding out until the tax credit? Anyone else in the same boat?
I am holding out as well, but I read the text of the bill yesterday and it has a start date of 1/1/22 for the new tax credit.

I bit the bullet and bought it. I doubt there will be any tax credit retrofit but whatever. I am enjoying my car now. 6 months is a long time

Tesla is a tech item so if you wait long enough, eventually, the price will fall but the question is how long?

Given the unpredictable timeline for the current divided Congress, I would just go ahead and pay (potentially more) to enjoy Tesla technology while Congress still tries to fight each other out.

I am in agreement with your move.

If Tesla HK site is any indication, SR may become available again... Design Your Model Y | Tesla
1625243043890.png