Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR order won't be filled if not matched to existing inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid no transportation fee and vin 163XXX. It’s local in Los Angeles. Expecting delivery April 5, just paid the ACH today and delivery date is set to April 5. Pretty crazy considering some people still haven’t gotten update on delivery when I just ordered it yesterday. Deff reach out to your SA.

I paid no transportation fee and vin 163XXX. It’s local in Los Angeles. Expecting delivery April 5, just paid the ACH today and delivery date is set to April 5. Pretty crazy considering some people still haven’t gotten update on delivery when I just ordered it yesterday. Deff reach out to your SA.
Most SAs are don't even know what they're talking about. I wouldn't count on them. My SA was always so pushy in wanting me to get the LR. The best chance for anyone to get one "off menu" is really keep checking the inventory to see if one pops up in the area and have the credit ready because it will be gone with a couple mins. lol

Probably helps to mention the configuration. The VIN matching is all done based on configuration. SAs can find matches really quick for some configurations, but there may be some that have a long wait.

Most SAs are don't even know what they're talking about. I wouldn't count on them. My SA was always so pushy in wanting me to get the LR. The best chance for anyone to get one "off menu" is really keep checking the inventory to see if one pops up in the area and have the credit ready because it will be gone with a couple mins. lol
That was exactly my case when I called the dealer where I got my SR+, the SA was pushing me to get a LR. They did not even bother checking in the system. Fortunately, when I called another dealer, the SA said “Yeah, no problem, I can help you get one” and he did in a matter of minutes. Found one in TX and got it shipped over in a little over a week. Paid 1k for shipping but since in CA we get that 1,500 instant rebate, it was fine. Better than paying 9k+ for a LR.

I would never pay for transportation fee. My SA found several base MY SR in the last couple days in SoCal with no fee ouch
Sounds like you got lucky which is how it goes with the SR Y. Some people have no choice but to pay transportation fee if there isn’t one near them. We got extremely lucky that our shipping fiasco forced them to find one that didn’t need to be shipped.

My VIN is 163XXX also in SoCal. Do you know your vehicle build date? My delivery is also set for the week of 4/5 as well.

1617462332973.jpeg

03/21 on the build plate. We were told born on date would be 3/31 or 4/1 so it looks like we got 3/31/21.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Maybe the charge door isn’t completely flush but it’s about the same on my M3. Otherwise everything is great. Other than coming with 2020.47 software (pre holiday update) which some people might love but for me it isn’t what my M3 has so it seems weird.

Thanks and same to you.

Reactions: ThankYou
Maybe the charge door isn’t completely flush but it’s about the same on my M3. Otherwise everything is great. Other than coming with 2020.47 software (pre holiday update) which some people might love but for me it isn’t what my M3 has so it seems weird.

Thanks and same to you.
Got the same 2020.47 software as well

I have pretty heavy paint scratches in the bottom of the inside of the driver's seat door, but no one will notice it so I think I'm just going to let it be.

Thanks and same to you.

Thanks for posting the pic with your model 3 and model Y right next to each other. Its really nice to see the relative size next to each other like that.

Reactions: Mrbrock