Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Purchasing Doubts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's awesome. You will be driving THE best value on the road. You would be spending $10K more to get an equivalent car from anyone else, and that value proposition decreases quickly as trim goes up.

I think you are gonna love it.
Tell me about it. I spent $19K more and all I got to show for it is a second motor, big heavy wheels with rubber band tires, big red brakes that make smaller wheels tricky, a bigger battery and a neat party trick that lets me sit in the passenger seat and let the car creep through a parking lot.

White with 18" aeros. Nothing else. Just a plain standard range!!

You're definitely a winner. That's a lot of car for the money, and I often fantasize about having only spent $35K instead of $54K on my Model 3. You'll win with upfront costs, and I bet you'll win again with % of value at the time of resale. The only thing, I would have opted for white interior for a $1000 more because it definitely makes the interior look much more upscale than the amount of money it costs.

If I had black interior, I would probably wrap the center console white, the steering wheel like I did in white, and the dash cap. That would give you a lot of the white look without having to pay the $1000.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. I spent $19K more and all I got to show for it is a second motor, big heavy wheels with rubber band tires, big red brakes that make smaller wheels tricky, a bigger battery and a neat party trick that lets me sit in the passenger seat and let the car creep through a parking lot.

and some of that you can get by paying the a la carte upgrade (summons). Reminds me I need to look into getting my calipers painted red ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
You're definitely a winner. That's a lot of car for the money, and I often fantasize about having only spent $35K instead of $54K on my Model 3. You'll win with upfront costs, and I bet you'll win again with % of value at the time of resale. The only thing, I would have opted for white interior for a $1000 more because it definitely makes the interior look much more upscale than the amount of money it costs.

If I had black interior, I would probably wrap the center console white, the steering wheel like I did in white, and the dash cap. That would give you a lot of the white look without having to pay the $1000.

I'm thinking of carbon fiber black wrap here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WFL5N45/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also agree with you re: % of value at the time of resale. Tesla getting rid of the trim online and not dropping the price after fed tax credits expiring also helps.

I dunno...I think those of us where higher speed driving is common rarely see rated efficiency. Even in the warmer weather I don't do as well as advertised, but my average speed is a lot higher than someone living in the Bay area.

upload_2020-2-13_16-35-54.png

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I dunno...I think those of us where higher speed driving is common rarely see rated efficiency. Even in the warmer weather I don't do as well as advertised, but my average speed is a lot higher than someone living in the Bay area.

View attachment 510912

You won't see rated efficiency because you are driving faster than the speed that was used when rated efficiency was established. Among other reasons.

Reactions: Metalmanstan
You won't see rated efficiency because you are driving faster than the speed that was used when rated efficiency was established. Among other reasons.

Of course, I accepted that before I ever bought the car. I lose half my range in the cold and don't complain about it, it's all about energy management.

I was just suggesting that ElectricIAC isn't likely to see those numbers if he spends much time on the freeway.