Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Rear Sway Bar - Has anyone installed it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Found out recently thanks to this forum, that the SR+ does not come with the sway bar from the LR models. Has anyone installed the OEM sway bar(not aftermarket) and noticed any improvement to body roll?

I've driven an LR and SR+ side by side, and it's pretty noticeable that the LR has less body roll, but that could also be due to the extra 450lbs down at the bottom

Thanks!

Looking to buy one with the end links and do this. Anything else I need to worry about? Bottom covers still fit correctly?
Everything will fit. Sway bar, endlinks, and hardware is everything you need.
You can see the cutout on the rear aero shield for the sway bar here.
9C172A52-AF62-4F27-8AB5-3CE899934DCE.jpeg

Here are the instructions from the service manual,
including torque specs.
B3B85C2F-3EF5-486B-A3F6-1744D7E5A5BC.png

DB1D2BA9-03B8-4EAF-ACFC-F2C4548F72DE.png

DCD4B2AA-735B-492C-8CDA-0A6C4CDFEF5C.png

Looking to buy one with the end links and do this. Anything else I need to worry about? Bottom covers still fit correctly?

I have both OEM front and rear performance sway bars available for purchase but no end links. They were retained to use with the UP sway bars I installed.

Hit me up if you’re willing to buy the OEM bar(s) and get the end links from ebay as the other person did.

I have both OEM front and rear performance sway bars available for purchase but no end links. They were retained to use with the UP sway bars I installed.

Hit me up if you’re willing to buy the OEM bar(s) and get the end links from ebay as the other person did.
I just received the rear bar with links I bought off of eBay yesterday. It has the hangar brackets as well just need the bolts to mount it. I saw the folks using the eibach had to buy longer 10M 1.5x25mm bolts so I may buy some slightly shorter. I’d be interested in the stock ones if anyone has those laying around. My other option is to see how much Tesla wants.

So I went ahead and tried this on my SR+. Bought oem LR bar with end links and installed with zinc bolts. And honestly...couldn’t really tell much of a difference in cornering. Still has a bit of body roll on entry. I suppose Tesla made a reasonable decision to omit on the SR+. I would suggest anyone in the future to do an aftermarket bar or performance bar

So I went ahead and tried this on my SR+. Bought oem LR bar with end links and installed with zinc bolts. And honestly...couldn’t really tell much of a difference in cornering. Still has a bit of body roll on entry. I suppose Tesla made a reasonable decision to omit on the SR+. I would suggest anyone in the future to do an aftermarket bar or performance bar
This may be true for normal street driving but the guys at Mountain pass mentioned it made a huge difference on the track to the point of almost too much oversteer.