Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sway Bars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have the UPP or another brand of Sway Bars? I'm considering getting it even thought I have MPP Coilovers (10/10 settings all around) installed.

I feel like there's a lot of body flex, like creaking sounds in the interior when going on uneven roads, and was wondering if the sway bars would help with that. I had a Model 3 before and that handled better than my Y, I'm thinking the sway bars would help bring it closer to the model 3 driving experience. I'd also mainly want to reduce body roll. Are there any maintenance needed for these and do they add additional NVH?

Any suggestions or experience, please share. Thanks in advance.

Anyone have the UPP or another brand of Sway Bars? I'm considering getting it even thought I have MPP Coilovers (10/10 settings all around) installed.

I feel like there's a lot of body flex, like creaking sounds in the interior when going on uneven roads, and was wondering if the sway bars would help with that. I had a Model 3 before and that handled better than my Y, I'm thinking the sway bars would help bring it closer to the model 3 driving experience. I'd also mainly want to reduce body roll. Are there any maintenance needed for these and do they add additional NVH?

I have UPP. Medium setting front and rear. Corners great now. Get the endlinks too. They’re silent.
12739E15-C270-4762-8B28-FFBE2724CCD3.jpeg

Reactions: bpon89
I’m running the Redwood Sways front and rear on my 22’ MYP. I can’t comment on how much the sways alone have reduced body roll since I installed everything (coilovers, sways, endlinks, traction and trailing arms) at the same time but I find cornering to be pretty flat on the current setup.

As a side note my favorite and most noticeable suspension piece that I’ve added would be the MPP solid front lower control arm bearing and front compression rod inserts.

IMG_1585.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

I’m running the Redwood Sways front and rear on my 22’ MYP. I can’t comment on how much the sways alone have reduced body roll since I installed everything (coilovers, sways, endlinks, traction and trailing arms) at the same time but I find cornering to be pretty flat on the current setup.

As a side note my favorite and most noticeable suspension piece that I’ve added would be the MPP solid front lower control arm bearing and front compression rod inserts.

View attachment 936819

View attachment 936820
Oh yes, I have the FLCAB but not the inserts. Are the endlinks very necessary or can I just put the sway bars on.

Reactions: Kwame
Oh yes, I have the FLCAB but not the inserts. Are the endlinks very necessary or can I just put the sway bars on.
No, definitely not absolutely necessary so long as you are able to get the stock endlinks into your desired swaybar “holes” without preloading bar. I’ve never attempted to do the above as adjustable endlinks have always made things easier for the DIYer in me to get everything installed to drive over to my alignment shop.

Reactions: bpon89
I have a 2023 Model Y Long Range (Shanghai Build) and one thing I'd love to improve is the amount of body roll when taking sweeping corners on the highway.
Because this is still my winter mountain car I don't want to lower it on coilovers as it already has minimal ground clearance to begin with.

So is any one running front/rear swaybars on stock suspension and if so does it help curb the body roll?

TIA

I have!

I just installed UPP sway bars (front and rear) on my 2023 Shanghai MY long range. They're both set to street density (middle notch) and my goodness what an improvement. The car rides and handles so much better now. Feels way more planted when taking corners. Highly recommend the upgrade.
Nice! Does it still feel top heavy even if its just in swaybars?

Nice! Does it still feel top heavy even if its just in swaybars?

Definitely feels less top heavy. I honestly think it should have come like this from factory.

I thought that sway bars would have a significant negative effect on ride, making the suspension even more stiff?

I was worried it would be significant as well but it really isn't. Feels more like the performance model.

Reactions: EASpot