Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Staggered 22" 285/35/22 and 265/35/22 Model X Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus All Season Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the measured rim width on these tires is 9.5 inches. Tire spec says they will fit wheels 9-10 inches wide. I drive on the 22 inch wheels which are 10 inches wide.

Any MX drivers on 22 inch wheels try these out? Do they still look good?
Any pics?
Are they loud?
Any regrets?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I noticed the measured rim width on these tires is 9.5 inches. Tire spec says they will fit wheels 9-10 inches wide. I drive on the 22 inch wheels which are 10 inches wide.

Any MX drivers on 22 inch wheels try these out? Do they still look good?
Any pics?
Are they loud?
Any regrets?

Thanks!
Here’s my custom forge setup using stock bolts and Macsboost shims. They are on Continentals DWS06 AS. On every other car i had, these were my go to tires, BUT, for a couple reason I am not 100% happy with them on the X. Maybe 90% happy? lol
22x9.5 front ET 26 265/35/22
22x10.5 rear ET 30 285/35/22
I initially thought a tire was a tire...I was wrong. On Tesla's i forgot they like to have EV tires meaning a tire with foam on the inside to minimize road noise and other EV properties that helps. I heard stories of the foam coming dislodged and cause a bad vibration, so i said the heck with those and just purchased these. The tire overall is great but they are significantly louder than the stocks. I was on 20's prior so i expected some increase in noise but not as much as these are producing. They seem to resonate a sound when going over certain type of concrete too which is annoying. I'm going to ride these out until time to change and when time comes, I will move to tires that do have the foam in them and see if it helps or if its a placebo effect lol. As of right now, they are louder.

1700511254236.png

1700511277273.png

1700511296059.png

1700511311163.png

1700511324083.png

Here’s my custom forge setup using stock bolts and Macsboost shims. They are on Continentals DWS06 AS. On every other car i had, these were my go to tires, BUT, for a couple reason I am not 100% happy with them on the X. Maybe 90% happy? lol
22x9.5 front ET 26 265/35/22
22x10.5 rear ET 30 285/35/22
I initially thought a tire was a tire...I was wrong. On Tesla's i forgot they like to have EV tires meaning a tire with foam on the inside to minimize road noise and other EV properties that helps. I heard stories of the foam coming dislodged and cause a bad vibration, so i said the heck with those and just purchased these. The tire overall is great but they are significantly louder than the stocks. I was on 20's prior so i expected some increase in noise but not as much as these are producing. They seem to resonate a sound when going over certain type of concrete too which is annoying. I'm going to ride these out until time to change and when time comes, I will move to tires that do have the foam in them and see if it helps or if its a placebo effect lol. As of right now, they are louder.

View attachment 992351

View attachment 992352
View attachment 992353
View attachment 992354
View attachment 992355

Thank you for the response and pictures. Those wheels look great.

Just got back from the install and same as you, the noise is a bummer. Hopefully it will muffle a little bit after a few hundred miles. Gonna ride them out. Tired of changing tires every 10-12 months, hopefully these last longer.

Reactions: SunnySideUp
Thank you for the response and pictures. Those wheels look great.

Just got back from the install and same as you, the noise is a bummer. Hopefully it will muffle a little bit after a few hundred miles. Gonna ride them out. Tired of changing tires every 10-12 months, hopefully these last longer.
If you haven’t already addressed the rear tires and how they wear down quick, I got the macsboost shims and installed them my self. Time will tell but they look promising as I can visually tell the rear wheels have less camber than the stock setup.