Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Replacement Suggestions for 22' Model X Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tagging onto this thread for 20". One bit of confusion is that the manual states that the front tires should be 265/45R20 but my car came with Latitude 3s in 255/45R20. Should I change to 265 or stick with 255? I was thinking of going with the AS4.

Just following up here. I ended up taking the Pilot Sport 4S back after 500 miles. they were absolutely mind numbingly awful for noise. I swapped them for the the tire set shown below. Never again will I buy a set of tires without the Tesla designation or without PNCS. Since taking delivery of my X in 2022 I have had Trip 1 recording my average efficiency. Trip 2 was reset the day these tires went on. I have put 1100 miles on this set and my efficiency average has gone down by 30wh.

These tires are great, they excel in all categories. especially road noise, comfort, and handling for the plaid power.

View attachment 982542
FYI this tire came as the OE on our recently delivered MX 22”. Feels great, no complaints at all. I’m usually a Michelin AS4 person but might just keep going with these.

22s
Front
265 /35

Rear
285 /35

I'm currently around 350 miles. The tires have a particular noise that to me is extremely loud. it happens around 80% of the roads I drive on.
as TireRack reviews it "While it created some low to medium volume white noise" for me its Medium to High. the drive, feel, and grip is really good however I'm ready to take them back as they are just creating a noise in the cabin akain to 4 drums with white noise being transmitted from them into the cabin. I will try to record some examples.

I'm not quite sure what to exchange them with at this point. However I'd rather have the old tire's comfort and short lifespan than these tires drilling into my skull with their sound for 20k miles.
I’m in the exact same boat. 300 miles on them and I can’t stand it anymore. Tire rack said they would exchange for Conti Sport Contact 6 which I will take them up on. What did you end with?

Just following up here. I ended up taking the Pilot Sport 4S back after 500 miles. they were absolutely mind numbingly awful for noise. I swapped them for the the tire set shown below. Never again will I buy a set of tires without the Tesla designation or without PNCS. Since taking delivery of my X in 2022 I have had Trip 1 recording my average efficiency. Trip 2 was reset the day these tires went on. I have put 1100 miles on this set and my efficiency average has gone down by 30wh.

These tires are great, they excel in all categories. especially road noise, comfort, and handling for the plaid power.

View attachment 982542
I would agree. Went this same route. Tried Michelin AllSeason4's and droned.

View attachment 982542
I took them back too for same. The Pirelli's howled when new, have now evened out, but do not track straight and shimmy a tiny bit when the yoke is planted straight on the highway. Most won't notice but it drives me crazy. And they are a little floaty. Has anyone tried the Falken's?

I took them back too for same. The Pirelli's howled when new, have now evened out, but do not track straight and shimmy a tiny bit when the yoke is planted straight on the highway. Most won't notice but it drives me crazy. And they are a little floaty. Has anyone tried the Falken's?
No experience with the Falken’s. I returned the Conti DWS D6 because they were insanely loud and got the Conti Sportcontact 6 at close to double the price, but I don’t have to deal with the howling anymore. Happy with the tires, not the price.