Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stains On Xpel Stealth. How To Remove?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove my car back from SC last night and noticed a few stains on my Xpel Stealth wrap on one of the doors. Looks like they spilled something on it; the drops go all the way down towards the door bottom. I tried removing it with 70% isopropyl alcohol, but that was unsuccessful. I read I could try lacquer thinner, but I am not excited about that idea as I don't want to damage the wrap. What else can I try? On the separate note, should I let SC know? I think I will just get shoulder shrug if I do.

Thanks in advance.

J

Attachments

• IMG_3355.jpeg
    IMG_3355.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:
I drove my car back from SC last night and noticed a few stains on my Xpel Stealth wrap on one of the doors. Looks like they spilled something on it; the drops go all the way down towards the door bottom. I tried removing it with 70% isopropyl alcohol, but that was unsuccessful. I read I could try lacquer thinner, but I am not excited about that idea as I don't want to damage the wrap. What else can I try? On the separate note, should I let SC know? I think I will just get shoulder shrug if I do.

Thanks in advance.

J

J,

We replied to the email but wanted to share our response here too. The first thing to try when getting stains off of XPEL PPF (STEALTH or ULTIMATE PLUS) is to use isopropyl alcohol. That will do the trick 90% of the time. If that doesn't work, you can use acetone or even lacquer thinner on the film to clean the stain off. If those don't work, take it back to your installer and have them try. If they can't clean the stain off, then we will cover the costs to replace the film parts and labor as per our 10 year PPF warranty.

J,

We replied to the email but wanted to share our response here too. The first thing to try when getting stains off of XPEL PPF (STEALTH or ULTIMATE PLUS) is to use isopropyl alcohol. That will do the trick 90% of the time. If that doesn't work, you can use acetone or even lacquer thinner on the film to clean the stain off. If those don't work, take it back to your installer and have them try. If they can't clean the stain off, then we will cover the costs to replace the film parts and labor as per our 10 year PPF warranty.
Is this safe for a xpel + ceramic coated car?

Is this safe for a xpel + ceramic coated car?

shellderp,

Amazing question. To clean stains off a ceramic coating, start with a good detail spray. If that doesn't work, move on to isopropyl alcohol. That should clean the stain right off. If that doesn't work, then acetone or similar can be used but please note that those chemicals CAN damage the ceramic coating so once the stain is off, you may have to go back to your installer and have them layer in a fresh coat of ceramic coating. Which is completely doable with XPEL FUSION PLUS ceramic coating.

Reactions: shellderp